Black Relationships : When a man changes on you

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by legit-writer, Aug 6, 2009.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    So I was wondering, for example, when you know that your boyfriend used to call you when he was on his way home from work or on the way to work. You two used to talk about a lot of things. Then all of a sudden, he stops doing that, and if he does call, he doesn't talk to you as much as he used to. You ask him if everything is okay between you and him and he says things are fine, and he goes on to tell you that he is just going through some things. Does this mean that he is losing interest in you and is just afraid to come out and say it? Or is this considered as a dark period for whatever he may be going through.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,690
    Sister Legit-Writer ... peace and blessings ... :)

Yes, i think it means he's lost interest in you, and is probably giving someone else the kind considerations you use to receive.

Yep ... that's what i think.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Lataisha Nicole

Lataisha Nicole Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sickle Cell Foundation/ making the world a better
    Ratings:
    +20
    Ladies, Ladies. Men are human beings just like women. The problem is men do not, can not process information in a way that a woman does. Sometimes receiving a few phone calls less, and less attention could mean that maybe you need to give him a break. It may mean that maybe you need to not think it's all about you for one second to see that your man is aching inside. Let him know that you realize that there is a change in him. Ask him how can you help. Maybe he wants to talk, maybe he needs silence, give him that. If he says that nothing has changed, why don't you believe him? What makes you so insecure to not trust him. Men and women were given two different kinds of strength. He is strong enough to protect and provide for you. You must be strong enough to love him. You are so strong that you can well carry the burdens of a world, you poet you. Are you strong enough to love him, trust him and allow him to love you back.Not the way that you think he should, but the way that he does. Let's build them up sisters, It's time.

4. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    What

..the sister said and let me add, get busy yourself. Tell him "Im here for you when you need me.." then leave him alone. If he wants you, your relationship will be back where you were and if not, move on because clearly he has.

5. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +299
    IN MY OPINION.....CHANGES , DEVELOPMENTS AND PERIODS ARE CONSTANT NOT ONLY IN RELATIONSHIPS.....BUT LIFE AS WELL....

I HOLD A VERY HIGH REGARD FOR CONSIDERATION BECAUSE I PRACTICE IT IN NEARLY EVERYTHING I DO....

HAVING GREW UP IN A MOSTLY MALE FAMILY , I CAN ADMIT THAT NOT ONLY THROUGH WATCHING , BUT BY EXPERIENCE THAT CHANGE WITHIN A MAN IS A SURE THING....WHETHER IT BE OFTEN OR NOT SO OFTEN....

BUT HOW HE CONSIDERS THOSE WHO ARE AROUND HIM , DEFINES HOW HE ACCEPTS , CHANNELS , AND INSTILLS THAT CHANGE OR THOSE CHANGES.....

IF HE TRUSTS HIS WOMAN , HER HEART , AND HOW SHE MAKES HIM FEELS ABOUT HIMSELF....THEN CONSIDERING HER FIRST & FOREMOST ABOUT WHATEVER IT IS THAT HE IS GOING THROUGH , CAN BE NURTURING AS WELL AS NEEDED......

WARRIOR

6. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    nah it isn't my being clingy, but instead

the man is engaged to another woman and just wasn't honest enough to just tell me. i have more than given him space, so it wasn't me with the issue.

7. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Puss-i-fi-ca-tion!

8. Zaiyah's House

Zaiyah's House Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    My rule of thumb is, If an adult is able to express their feelings. And they tell you how they are feeling. then whatever they say it is , is what it is. until they tell you different.

9. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    preach sista! mmhmmm :)

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Most time when a man make a full circle change sometime not always another woman
    but the one he with has change him with emotions & feelings and sometime he simply
    lost intrest or trying to divide the time between two .....But if he stop calling or when he
    did call and had less and less to say means he's trying to move on without you

Sometime you have to know the different or go with your gut feeling and let him
    go head on because if not you setting self up for hurt & pain down the road

Some guys don't just say hey i'm moving on or he love someone else
    men react and do things differently then women would do .................

Sound like the man lost intrest and was focusing on someone else ........