Black Entertainment : what's your take on Kobe Bryant case

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by $$RICH$$, Sep 2, 2004.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm happy for Kobe, because I think that woman was lying. However his image is forever tainted. When it comes to black men, a "not guilty" verdict does not mean the public forgives you (look no further than OJ)! I hope Kobe invest his NBA salary well, because that is the only funds he will be making (no more endorsements). I also hope Kobe makes better judgements about who he spends "five minutes" with in the future....this was a lesson for the brother (a very hard lesson to learn)!

Unfortunately for Kobe, the battle is only half over. Now he faces civil court...and the real possibility of losing a multi-million dollar settlement to this woman. The civil suit I believe was the real objective all along! This young lady knew she wasn't raped, and couldn't prove otherwise in court. However with a year of crying in the media & playing on racial stereotypes, she has all the "proof" she needs in a civil filing. All she needs are a significant amount of white jurors, and she will be on easy street for life (and returning to sleeping with multiple men on the same night)!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    as you may have heard, Charles Barkley has been accused of "groping" a woman at a "sexy singles" night in a Philly club.
    i believe this lady also wishes to be paid.

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It's sad because Kobe was innocent of rape. I agree he will never be the same. His image is now crap except in L.A. He probably will settle the civil case with this money hungry whore, then he'll have to concentrate on mending his marriage. A tough road still ahead of him, but I'm glad he didn't go to prison. Even though I hate the Lakers...I don't wish that on the brotha. :(

This was bound to happen to Charles Barkley because he's constently at nightclubs surrounded by women.

5. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I never liked Kobe and his arrogant ways. Call it karma I guess...I don't see him getting the endorsements the same as he did prior to the charges being brought up.

But although I never liked him much, I still don't think he should pay this women one penny in the civil suit. The apology wasn't even warranted, she should have apologized to him for bringing a false case to the courts. She really ought to drop the civil suit as well.

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think it was extremely stupid for Kobe to apologize CarrieMonet. If he didn't rape her then she brought up false charges against him (as you already stated). If she brought up false charges, then what the hell are you apologizing to her for??? That is going to damage him for the Civil Trial...because an apology is an admission of wrong doing. The only person Kobe wronged is his wife, not this woman. That is unless he is apologizing for lasting only 5 minutes.! ;) Better dig deep in those pockets Kobe, you made another serious error in judgement!

7. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Actually, the woman who filed a complaint against Barkley dropped it. False aligations are just flying around these days. :nono:

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    so what with the ring, the attorneys, the lost endorsements, the civil settlements, more attorneys, etc.

how much did this piece cost him? :wink:

9. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    The coochie is costing this brotha alot of money. The ring, civil lawsuit, attorney fees, endorsements, loss of sleep, embarassment, image and not to mention his wife (if she decides to divorce later). Man, I hope it was the :bomb: So much for his statement "ladies, I'm married, leave me alone". Kobe is arrogant, and I guess this will be one thing that humbles him a little.

10. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I do not see him as ever being humble.

But seeing is believing.