Black People : What's your Problem?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    What is the most pressing issue facing us today? Is it White Supremacy/Racism? Poverty? Lack of Unity? Ignorance? Intergalatical Conspiracy?

Please explain your answer in the simplest terms of why. Also what is needed or necessary to defend against or combat against this pressing issue or problem?

I think we need a focus. The beauty of Destee is you can find like-minded people that agree or concur with you and create a group to work on your pressing problem. The challenge of Destee is the ever-competing problems that many of us have to sort through, presented by fellow members, which can occasionally dissipate efforts.

So what's your problem?

Blackbird

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Whats my problem?

Im in this world but not of it. I can no longer relate to most people and the issues they see as being most important. I do not see myself as being a victim or a slave to any external force, entity or power. If I am a victim of anything it is a matter or my own choice and the lack of wisdom in some of the choices I have made. Such as wasting too much energy on the internet when I need to be finding employment to sustain myself while I am here.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    My problem is the darn near absence of collective unity as a people. I'm not saying we all can't be doing something different....being there are so many things/area we can be working on. Why can't we be doing it all for the benefit of our people.

ex: Our people need liberation. Let all those with like minds fight liberation.

ex: Our people need self-knowledge. Let those with knowledge teach those without. etc...etc...

There are so many areas that needs addressing. But whenever one group sets out to focus on the area they are most driven to...Other groups find someway to discredit their efforts instead of focusing on their task at hand. There is more than enough of us to where we can all contribute our time for the betterment of our people and still stand strong and united collectively.

What is needed is the openness to understand, the willingness to allow those to do what they do best to build the peoples confidence/knowledge base, and a display of respect and togetherness in all our causes. Be it from the sideline or the pulpit.

:heart:

4. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Yes ma'am. Agreed!

Blackbird

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I got ya, Uncle.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Fundamental "MEness" denied/denigrated

legion!!

but i reckon the biggest is this massive brain i was blessed with, but was, apparently, housed in the wrong colored skin.

the educational system treated my efforts to explore/expand it as "not following the party line", ("party line" being the "anticipated" role that i, as a black man, am expected to play in this "society"), thereby continuously determining me to have "behavioral issues" worthy of "discipline", and never stretching it.

my family (except for mom) treated it as something of a "family secret that shouldn't be allowed out too often".

jobs have always treated it as a "threat" to "higher ups" as they always seemed to tell me "you weren't hired to think!" or that, in my seeking to be sure of understanding where my little bit fit in with the goals of the company, they saw that i gained such an understanding of the company goals that they just "KNEW" i could do do their job better than they could, even though, if i had wanted their job i would have applied for it.

"black people" are forever talking about "why you gotta act white?!".

most folks are about "why you think you right all the time?" (because i don't open my mouth to add bs to the convo).

everybody is willing to make use of my Gift as long as i am using it on their behalf, but not on my own. when i do make an effort to bring some of it out, i get all sorts of detraction, with a few kudos, but the pain of being deemed "weird" usually drives me off ... only to see the thoughts i brought mis-implemented. then, of course, if i dare to suggest that they might have missed something, or if i try to take part, i catch a whole bunch more flak .. even, or especially when they demand that i fix the bits they broke. (i shouldn't have started ....)

all in all, my "problem" has given me a mantra that i use all the time "Puck Feople!"

lately, however, my 29 year odyssey to seek another way of doing this Earth-thang has left me with extreme difficulties with interaction in this sick mess that has had an additional 29 years to get worse ...

7. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    :bullseye:

8. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Whew! That's a whole lot of pucking you've been doing Brother! :SuN023:

But I hear ya! I've not always been aware of the plight of the education system, but I know you aint lying bout it. I look at the way our children go about their days in class and know they're being held back from expression and growth. We are expected to think and act like white americans do. However, we aren't white and have a method outside of the box that is often very feared. And when those of us who have become conditions to thoughts that are not our own, we carry-out america's system of seek and destroy, especially when its our very own people.

Keep on thinking outside of that box Brother! There are many there with you. And when you are faced with the oppressors of free will, go on and pull out your mantra. Just don't forget to keep it moving. It's gonna be a very long line.

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    One brother I know argued about multiple intelligence teaching for our kids. What y'all think?

Blackbird

10. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :?:What is multiple intelligence Brother?