Black People : What's wrong with our youth?

What do you see is wrong with the black youth of today?

What are some of the challenges you see them face in this present day?

What advice can you offer them?

What are some things you can do or do to help them succeed?

peace

One of the problems i see and i would place it in the top 3 on the list is RESPECT. They have lost just about all respect for anything, but i don't think it's all their fault. Some of us have not taught them to be respectful.

One of the challenges i see them facing is trying to figure out who is lying to them and who is telling the truth. They are constantly bombarded with mixed messages that obviously would leave one in a state of confusion.

Some of the advice i give my son and his friends is to never follow anyone. As long as it is positive, do what works for you! Never go on a road trip without at least one book with you. never let your chin hit your chest. And there is no such thing as being bored as long as you are able to read.

Things that can be done to help them stay focused and succeed is to always keep them busy, either mentally or physically. Make sure they spend time around positive adults other then their parents. Try to make sure they go thru a "rights of passage", if you know of any in your community. Never force them into any type of religion, you can guide them but ultimately they have to find their own way. If at all possible get them involved in the martial arts, it's a great way to keep them focused. Try to get involved in the "big brother" program (s) in your area and try to connect with the youth that feel that they are all alone in the world.

peace

The youth lack guidance... they lack respect.. they lack nurturing.. they lack
an aggressive and organized effort to usher them up, over, around,
under and through the physical / psychological / spiritual barriers, traps holes
, prisons and vices, (man-made and not..) that await them as hungry as a
tiger.
. Generally speaking of course.. and they lack because their parent's
generation has not yet figured their own way through that same gauntlet.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back