Internet Technology : what's wrong with facebook? what is the down side of facebook?

One of the down sides of Facebook (just like almost everything, including Internet, they might have many advantages, but also some disadvantages. Take Internet for example, it has a lot of advantages, but a dark side as well- extreme right groups looking for adepts and Internet provides them with one of the best tools of recruitment, sexual predators that now have the opportunity to "be" how they want on net+ a certain degree of anonymity, etc) is that if you suffer of Depression, Social Anxiety, just going thourgh a bad time in your life, etc- comparing your life with the life of people on Facebook (and forgeting they are showing only the glamorous side of their life) can make you feel even worse. I've unfortunately seen it happen.
The other one is that Facebook might not exactely be forever, but posting without thinking can have very bad results, as some people found out. People can read what you write- so if you post how much you hate your job, employer- and you find yourself without a job because he/she read your rants....well, it is not a very pleasent thing to happen, but it can happen. And your future employers might read it too...if you are a public person, get drunk, post a totally insensitive comment on Facebook (as a guy in my area found out in a quite painful way)....you might end up next day with around 5000 people who now hate you and some of them who wants to get you fired.

Waaaay to many kids, or adults with childish nature.
About 5 years ago, a 13 yr old girl propositioned me when I was using it. Now, I can't be sure, but to me, it was either a very confused child, a cop trying to set me up or some adult just trying to get a rise out of me. In any case, I wasn't interested in any of those options, so I deleted my account and have never looked back.
But it's also just the nature of it. Somebody always wants you to play a game, or just drowns your site with the latest info of how they did this man/woman the night before.
It may be for some, but I personally need a more interesting and stimulating site, where I can get/share knowledge.

Lack of privacy, too many kids wanting to be your friend, and it's anti-social, which is the way most communication is today.

Peace!

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back