Black Entertainment : whats ur best screenplay idea?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Therious, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    a-ight fam considering the current of utter wackness of black main stream film, i want to know if u could produce a movie what topics would u like to c produced?

some of mine would be,......

c-i-a/d-e-a covert operations in the u.s. and world. especially crack distribution, and coup/assasinations.

ancient racial wars in kemit/egypt/nubia/ethipia. between blacks and whites(arab and european)

nasa cover ups, of possible signs of inteligent life,artifacts,and structures on the moon and mars.

slave rebellions in america. and afrika.

black walstreet riots in oklahoma

the lost years of jesus the christ.(as black man of course)

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hello Fam. I am in the process of shooting Angel and the 2 others are currently in development. I do not like to call my films Black or Latino Films, I just like to think of them of good commerical films which the public will enjoy so without any further stupid comments:

Ángel

Log line: After spending a year in juvenile prison for his second felony, aggravated battery, a teen returns home on probation with the genuine intention of reforming; however, he encounters the same insurmountable obstacles of poverty, class warfare, and drug addiction. His mother’s death from a drug overdose evokes an act of retributive justice, as he attempts to kill the dealer who sold her them. Convicted as an adult and sentenced to life in prison where he becomes depressed, bitter, and suicidal, he languishes in prison until a failed suicide attempt lands him in a state mental hospital where a sympathetic, caring doctor helps him find his true identity and prepares him for his future as a reformed adult and father.

Death Mage II - The Rise of The Empire of Ra

Log line - In order to save the Kingdom of Ra, one brother and sister who are loyal protectors of the king must defeat the evil sect of the Death Mage. During the conflict however, the brother and sister learn that they are Death Mage’s themselves.

Echelon

FBI Agent Whitney Fergueson has it made it her life goal to atone the death of her parents by the hands of an evil CEO named Winter Sinclar. During her quest for retribution she uncovers a plethora of unanswered questions and illegal operations, which finally lead her to a truth she cannot accept; that she is just like the woman she loathes.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    a different kind of blak supahero...soul eternal

orgin

episode 2

episode 3

episode 4

there are 3 more episodes after this thus far...i plan to continue this for my lifetime...there are many wrongs in this world that needs to be righted...
    one love
    khasm

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    mansiac-yes i feel u on not categorizing ur self, however i say black film because thats usaully what catches my interest. that is film with black actors. i will point out that i belive the majority of all films have been lame lately (commercial wise).also i wanted to know specifically what politcal issues pertaining to black people u woul like to see in films. thanx for the replies fam, feeling your ideas. does anyone have any suggestions on what companies to shop my screenplays to?

i am developing a super heroe story.

Eternal a.k.a E.T. , a strugling hip hop producer in his mid twenties is involved in a near fatal car accident. while in a coma he has an outer body experience, where he meets his guardian angel. she grants him the ability to use 100 percent of his brain, he may not use his ability to gain riches, but only for defense, or to help others. his only weapon is his titanium microphone, and his supreme brain power, wich unleashes uncany atheletic ability, and mental powers. etrnal, sticks to his passion of rap, using his small non profit record label as his cover & head quarters. his partner c.j. a.k.a cold justice blows up but soon finds hes in a serious danger, dealing with "caertel" records, a label owned by the deamons, posing as human.

Eternals rhyme partner c.j. wanting to go mainstream begs him to sign with a major label. eternal refuses., these record labels are controlled by sinister, gangsters and government officials. whom also control all media,and communications,and distrobution eternal vows to put an end to these corrupt beings, who are not human, and also possess enormous brain power.and a highly profitable monopoly, on the music industry, with ties to mass media, and government.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    hahaha....
    [email protected] ....too many cats are like this dude nowdays...
    one love
    khasm

6. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    All of my films contain minority characters, I just do not like them to be considered as such because it supresses my market value. With that said, I consider myself a commerical filmmaker, and thus I will make films for the masses using Blacks and Lations and other minorities as principal characters.

But as far as a few political films, I would like to make a few and send them to different film festivals:

Kemet - The True History of the People of The Nile, hopefully I can work with Dr. Ben on this one.

Black VS Black - A documentary talking blacks and the invisible color line that divedes us amongst us.

Black Latinos - A look at being Black and of Latin decent.

My Favorite Cuban Brother Castro - A Black Cubans Perspective of the Castro Regime.

Blacks and other miniroties in ACademic competition series: A few documentaries about Blacks and others participating in Quiz Bowl (Brain Bowl), Student Congress, Speech and debate and other Academic Games that are deemed whites only.

Thanx for reading T. and K.

7. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hey Therious while you shop around it is best to try to submit to contests and things too, this gets you writing creditability. Alot of folks do not take writers who have never sold or who do not have an agent.

Here are some helpful links for you:

http://www.wga.org - Writers Registration so you can protect your work, and it also has a list of Agents who take first time writers.

http://www.moviebytes.com/ - A Site full of contests for screenplay writers.

http://www.worldplayer.com - A site that will help you get that script right.

If you need anything else just holla at me.

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    good look man, ill peep these links. how long have you been writting/producing? Any of your work i would recognize? by the way i think thats smart not to clasify your films, take friday, barbershop, or training day, ish like that. those were huge mainstream hits.

Khas- im feeling the origin brotha, have not read the other episodes yet.

out

www.headrise.com

9. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    My First Film Angel will be shoot next year. You will see me soon, I plan to do a different thizzle than expected from a Felon from da Durty South.