The Front Porch : What's Up?

I read this site is 14 years old but this is my first time ever seeing it. I'm glad ya'll got Xenforo. I'm from Florida and recently got laid off. Bout to go back to school again.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! What does destee mean?

Welcome Again Brother Dre Money! :wave:

Yes, we are 14 years old! :toast: :toast: :toast:

Prior to moving to Xenforo, I had a page about how destee got started, what destee means, etc.

Hopefully I'll get it back up soon, but until then, and to answer your question ... here's a portion ...

Where does "Destee" come from?

In 1996, I adopted my 2 year old niece. Her name is Destiny, and she is 17 years old now. This time, adopting her, coincided with me getting online for the first time. Naturally, she was at the forefront of all my thoughts and actions. During my first attempt at reserving an online screen name, I entered "Destiny," but it was taken. I then tried "Destee," and it worked! The rest is history!

There is a beautiful story surrounding the adoption of my niece, and all that has come to pass over these years. Perhaps I will share it sometime soon, as I'm sure it would be an encouragement to many.

A brief and funny story though ... after choosing the name Destee, i was soon referring to myself as Destee on occasion, as well as others doing so. Destiny was so mad at me! With her 2 year old little self, she let me know, in no uncertain terms, that her name was Destiny, not mine, and I could not have her name! It was so precious! I had to fully and clearly explain to her that the names were different! The universe obviously knew in advance, making "Destiny" unavailable to me!

If you have more questions, just ask.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I read this site is 14 years old but this is my first time ever seeing it. I'm glad ya'll got Xenforo. I'm from Florida and recently got laid off. Bout to go back to school again.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome to Destee.com Dre Money, enjoy your stay and big ups for coming in the door as a Premium Member, bringing loads of powerful and hearfelt comments about the website; its all that and more, a Refuge for our people.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back