Black Spirituality Religion : Whats the funniest thing you experienced in church

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by EVE, Jul 12, 2005.

1. EVE

EVE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Funniest thing i ever saw was when this sister got up to "dance before the Lord" and this other lady got a desire,(lead by the spirit of course) to roll on the floor. Well, as one was dancing, the other got to rolling and mowed the sister right over as if she was a bowling pin. Was all I could do to keep from yelling "Strike"! I got to laughing so hard and couldnt stop for the rest of the service.And no, neither one seemed to have gotton hurt, guess God was in there somewhere! :)

2. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I dont believe God makes people go into convulsions or speak in tongues when they feel the spirit . I think people do that on their own because they think this is what they are supposed to do when they feel the spirit.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The funniest thing I experiened in Church, was when I would continuously go to the Pastor with questions about spirituality, life, philosophy, and he would blow me off.....Till one day, after one of my onslaught of inquisitions, the Pastor told me: "you know son, the Lord don't like for people to ask alot of dumb questions....."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The next funny thing that happened, was that I stopped going to Church altogether, and found a better spiritual path for myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

This not funny it's truly sad. This type of behavior from a pastor is unacceptable. I'm truly sorry that this was the pitiful response a pastor gave you. This is why I say we are in an age of apostasy and it start long before yesterday. II Timothy 3:1-5 speak of the actions of the fallen church. Sadly there are too many preacher out there busy trying to find ways to line their pockets.

Peace Brother...............

5. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Before I was saved when I was about maybe 13 or 14 years I went the one of my distant cousin's Church. The Church was a Holiness Church or what we called back then a Sanctified Church. During the pastoral prayer and testimony one of the deacons lead the prayer. Remember I wasn't saved nor did I understand all of the traditions and ceremonies during a Church service. The deacon already looked like a miniature slimmed down version of Fred G. Sanford wearing a suit that was too big. When he started praying he was praying in ebonics. He was saying words like "skreet", "runtova", "ambalambs". So that was funny enough but then he started jumping up and down having a tantrum praying for God too fix one of the member's car. He started literally screaming and stumping saying "Ficks dat cah lawd ficks dat cah". By now tears were rounding down my face as I stood with my head down to keep from laughing. Then he started saying "Give hah da vickery lawd give hah da vickery". By now I could not even look in the direction of the deacon for fear bursting out with laughter. Then my younger brother could not hold it any longer and burst out. My grandmother immediately correct him with pinches and chastisment while bitting her bottom lip. This made it worst. I can hardly type this thread without stopping to laugh when I think about it. By the time he finished I probably lost five pounds from straining to keep from laughing. This was not only the funniest church moments but one of the funniest movements in my life. This is the stuff Ricky Smiley jokes are made of...

Wheew!!!! Peace ya'll

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE RADICAL:

I think it's more than that. Sister River once told me, that you can't teach a Truth that you haven't learned yourself.

The simple fact is, that Christianity cannot provide the answers to many questions that people have, and so the only solution is to eliminate those questions from the human pysche.

It's not sad to me, that I was awakened to a new path; one that is better for me. If a person is seeking Spiritual enlightenment, then they should go where they find it.

It should not be about "my spiritual system is better than yours", but instead it should be about "this spiritual system works better FOR ME, than that one does".

When you go to the clothing store, and try on pants that don't fit you, does that automatically mean that there is something wrong with the pants? They may fit someone else just fine.

Spirituality is about the believer or practicioner, not the belief or practice.

You should be ecstatic for me, that I found God in the manner that I did/do, and not saddened. I should feel the same for you.

PEACE

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    LMAO.......

8. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    That behavior from a pastor is unacceptable...Makes you wonder was he really a man of God....By you finding your spiritual path is not funny but a gift
    be blessed my brother most don't every fine there way....

Peace
    Angel

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    I agree with your statement here......Spirituality is about the believer or practicioner, not the belief or practice.

If one can follow thier own belief faithfully, why worry about another's belief?

Personal I never pay attention to others in church, I go to Praise my God
    What ever the next person is doing is no concern of mine.

10. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Oh I'm not sad for you brother I'm sad for the church. You're are also right Christianity can not provide all the answers however Christians believe that their faith provides the only answer. Only God has all the answers. Again the church is failing because the church is sleep. As for you my brother God has laid out your path and it is up to you to follow. I can't tell you what God has for you nor is it up to me to tell you what path to take. The path you have chosen has spoken to your spirit. I only pray that our paths lead to the same goal. A while back I compared spirituality, faith or religion to buying a pair of shoes. There are many types of shoes in many different styles and sizes. We must be sure that the shoes we choose to wear are comfortable because we will be walking in them for the rest of our life.

Peace Bruh............