Black People : WHAT'S OUR EXCUSE NOW!?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved KgMw Keita:

Taking a back seat to expose the Truth and Reality that comes from you and like minds, is an honor.

I am passing this on now.

HILY/A:Harmony :SuN030: : Order:SuN030: Balance:SuN030:

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
  4. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I've heard this argument before, but I have yet to see anyone actually win a case based on this theory that taxes are illegal. In fact, having worked for the IRS briefly some years ago, I'd say they won't hesitate to put you in jail for evading taxes, they will also take everything you own to make you pay. Wesley Snipes and Ronald Isley are two people I know of right now, who have big problems to deal with in reference to the IRS. I wouldn't take anyone's advice to not pay taxes based on this premise.

My mother use to say "all we have to do is stay black and pay taxes".

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    WHAT'S OUR EXCUSE NOW?

i have to agree with mrron on this one,some of us may claim different deductions for this an that to pay less taxes,but when the man calls you in for that audit[and he WILL CALL]your stuff had better be right.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382

The only thing I can say in regard to your post and the one after yours is that it is obvious that neither you nor he went over and LISTENED TO THE AUDIO I POSTED. Your working for the I.R.S. means nothing had you listened to the audio. Had you listened as well as read the other stuff I posted you would know who won and how and why. You would know FACTS INSTEAD OF YOUR INDOCTRINATED OPINION.

LIKE I SAID AND MEANT...WHAT'S OUR EXCUSE NOW!? AIN'T BUT ONE LEFT...FEAR !!!

7. mrron

Ratings:
    +5
    Keita, I went back and read the article, and my opinion hasn't changed. The jury apparently found her not guilty because the IRS didn't answer her request for them to tell her what authority they have to collect taxes. The IRS wasn't on trial, the lady Kugler was. Each year the IRS sends out millions of tax booklets, and inside the booklet there is a paragraph citing the authority to collect taxes. If it were illegal to so, the Supreme Court would have heard some cases by now, and if it was ruled illegal, than we would just become a nation of paupers and anarchy.

There are multi millionaires in tax trouble with the IRS, some people can win their individual cases on a technicality, which is what happened here. But I like my freedom, so I'll continue to pay my taxes.

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    The Constitution says we are not to be deprived of life without due process of law. So when the police shoot someone on the street that is unconstitutional. Yet I have heard no one complain.

9. mrron

Ratings:
    +5
    That's a little off topic River, but since I work in Law Enforcement I'll address it. I've never known of any situation where a cop shot someone and no one complained. If you heard of a police shooting, it's probably because someone did complain. As to due process of law, a cop can "shoot to kill" anyone who presents a serious threat to him(her)self or anyone else. There must be a lethal weapon involved before such action can legally take place. That is constitutional and part of Law Enforcement training in any Academy.

A legal weapon can be a gun or knife or moving vehicle. It can be an object used to blungeon someone to death. The assailant is entitled to be admonished to drop his weapon before any firing of a weapon by an officer, is to take place. I'm sure that there have been times when these rules where not followed, however, there are rules and if a death occurs without following them, there are usually serious consequences, including murder charges. Believe it or not, there are former police officers in jail for shooting innocent people without provocation. So, the police have to live by the constitution also, just like everyone else does.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382

Why didn't you listen to the 87 minute audio ? Why didn't you hear what former I.R.S. Tax collectors and lawyers had to say? Why didn't you hear actual jurors and what they had to say in cases they heard? In fact, why didn't you hear what the head of the I.R.S. didn't have to say? And I do understand. You do like your freedom or what little the white man said you got, so enjoy it cause I really do understand....better than you think I do !!