Food Discussion : What's One Dish You Love to Cook or Prepare?

The funniest thing is I found that my Ghanaian relations don't like gumbo and I don't like many of their stews and soups. I see similarities between gumbo and African soups but the taste is so different it like comparing pasta to jambalaya. Both use tomatoes, meat and starch but spaghetti just isn't Italian jambalaya.

Before I even started this, I knew Brother Omowale Jabali and Brother Blackbird would contribute so wonderfully to this thread. Thanks you guys, all of you! Loving all you share. Really feel at home in this thread. You don't have to wonder why. :lol:

If there's one thing to bring a people together, it's the food they grew up on and have grown to love. Ain't no fussing over that.

Before I even started this, I knew Brother Omowale Jabali and Brother Blackbird would contribute so wonderfully to this thread. Thanks you guys, all of you! Loving all you share. Really feel at home in this thread. You don't have to wonder why. :lol:

If there's one thing to bring a people together, it's the food they grew up on and have grown to love. Ain't no fussing over that.

Ain't that the truth.

The funniest thing is I found that my Ghanaian relations don't like gumbo and I don't like many of their stews and soups. I see similarities between gumbo and African soups but the taste is so different it like comparing pasta to jambalaya. Both use tomatoes, meat and starch but spaghetti just isn't Italian jambalaya.
Yeah, the spices are different as well as the style of cooking. For example, I can't even find palm oil in a local market and only use peanut oil for turkey frying.

Yeah, the spices are different as well as the style of cooking. For example, I can't even find palm oil in a local market and only use peanut oil for turkey frying.
In fact, I don't think sassafras grows in West Africa, only in South Africa. I use a little Chinese six-spice for the ginger. Just picked some up this morning.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back