Black People : What's In A Name

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by VIDALIFE, Jun 12, 2009.

1. VIDALIFE

VIDALIFE New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Peace Family
    I have never put out a thread, but was thinking about some of the names of the people in the community. I noticed there are a lot of interesting names. I know that some of us use our real name, like myself. My Internet name is VIDALIFE. I chose that name because Vida is my birth name which means LIFE. I am full of Life and so that's why I took that name. My middle name is Rena which means of the water or sea. So my whole name means Life of the water, which is where Life begins according to Ancient Kemet (Egypt) So what's with your name, what's in a name. What does your name mean on this site that you chose. Let's talk about it.

Peace

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    hi vida,i like your name and the cool way you use it,i'm a music lover from way back so that's where[oldiesman]comes from,good post.

3. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Peace Sister Vidalife:

Miss Lady is my name... lots of people call me that... they say how ya doin Miss Lady... perhaps it is the way that I carry myself... but I chose to stick with it because for one Miss ... I am very feminine although masculine in my assertivness... and always a lady....

recently I was viewing a video of my hero.. KRS-ONE... my self appointed father-figure, and my self-appointed everything I would want in a husband, brother or son.... and he made up an acronym for lady... which was Love And Develop Yourself... I found that most amazing... and so was born again a Miss Lady...

My ego... Woman Scorned is the unmanifested what I could have been had I not prefered to be Miss Love And Develop Myself...

My given name is Lauren... (KRS-ONE's given name is Lawrence) which is developed from the Laurel Tree... which is a very beautiful tree that bears beautiful purple flowers that once bloomed possess a very intricate, colorful inner beauty... I like that also....

My moms was gon name me Elizabeth and I must say... I would have been pissed beyone pistivity if she had done so.... at the last minute she was reading a magazine and saw Lauren and named me that.. I chalk that up to Divine intervention...

Much Love Sister

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    this is my explanation from the introduction thread