Black People : What's Good About The Election?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

Last night my daughter called me all upset that some of the networks had announced Bush the winner. She was crying and everything, wishing bad stuff on folk, an emotional wreck. I was able to soothe her with the fact that it wasn't over yet, that the station i was watching had not given it to Bush. I think she went to bed a little hopeful that Kerry might win. I've not talked to her yet today, but i can imagine that i'm going to have to find ways to keep her encouraged and looking up.

I'm sure she's not the only one taking this loss greatly. So i thought we might work together to come up with ways to encourage each other. Challenge ourselves to share good things that can be named, that come as a direct result of this election. I know it's going to be difficult, but we are a people that have proven our abilities to overcome difficult challenges with flying colors. So let's put our heads together and share some uplifting and hopeful comments with each other.

Please, if you don't have anything uplifting and encouraging to say, don't say anything in this thread. It is for a specific purpose, to help us move up and over the depression and devastation our Spirits might be feeling, so don't get in the way. I will be deleting or moving your posts if you do ... and deleting them is much easier for me.

Okay ... i'll start.

I was thinking that it may be a good thing that he was re-elected. For one thing, they can't do us any worse than they have done us in the past, and our eyes are wide open as we know what to expect. However difficult they may try to make it for us now, we can find comfort in the fact that they can't put us on a physical plantation, beat us, and hang us at will. They can't make us work for free, like they did our Ancestors. So no matter what he (Bush) does, i'm confident that we can stand the tests, as our Ancestors have already brought us through the worst of times. There is comfort in that Family.

This re-election has the ability to make us focus on ourselves, begin to support each other, and quit anticipating a government that has never worked in our best interest, to work for us. It may have us coming up with new and ingenious ways to make it through the rough days ahead. As i type this i'm thinking more of communal living. This has been discussed in the community before, and it may very well be a viable option for families to remain sheltered, by coming together and sharing in expenses.

I think too that as a result of this election, this community will mean even more to us, as we'll need a place of refuge and camaraderie even more than we have in the past. A place where we can keep each other encouraged and aware of opportunities and situations that may benefit the other. We can begin to network more and support our own efforts. We can begin to focus on us. Take better advantage of the classes we have here, more inclined to help our children do better in school, everything.

This is what i've come up with off the top, but i'm hoping with such a diverse community, there are a lot more positives we can give to each other ... in a time where everything is looking mighty depressed.

Watcha think Family?

Got any positive vibes to share?

:heart:

Destee

Okay ... me again ... *sigh* ... as i read the replies on the forum from the Family completely disheartened and devastated, it gives me to know even more, how important this thread is.

Family ... sadness and depression kills only you. When we find ourselves in such situations, we must struggle to climb up out of that place and breathe again, be hopeful and encouraged ... we cannot stay in this place very long, for it will have us believing that death is appealing.

Imagine what our Ancestors went through, with absolutely no hope at all of changing things, at least not like we have. They could not think, "Okay, so we got this massa for the next 4 years." ... theirs was for a lifetime ... yet they persevered and held on, and went through, so that we could all be here today lamenting over one raggedy election, and one raggedy White man.

Surely we are stronger than this. Surely we aren't going to let one election, in a country that has had many elections, with none of them having our best interest at heart ... surely we're not going to let this one devastate us past the point of no return. Where we don't even wanna fight for what we know is rightfully ours. I'm sure our Ancestors wish that this is all they had to endure.

Let us come together and build with each other ... let us think of ways to lift our Spirits, minds, bodies, and soul out of the depression and into the light.

The light is there ... we just gotta find it. Let's help each other find it.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back