Black People : What's Going on in Detroit? all P.S. Teachers face layoffs??

I must admit to not knowing or understanding exactly what folks like you expected from black mayors from Coleman Young to Dave Bing...

It seems and sounds like you also expected them to be as all knowing as the legendary Solomon and/or the same sort of messiah as Jesus Christ...

Instead the aformentioned were or are a little bit higher on the ole learning curve otherwise another bunch of flawed human beings just like the rest of us...

:SuN020:

Placed within the context of what progressive blacks etc. were striving for back during the heydays of active movements, i. e., among other things community control of schools, etc., the agenda of the other folks is just the opposite...

You just need to go back to reread the local papers takes on even home schooling etc. to find out about that...

:11300:

According to Detroit's mayor the other day, that unless the city can cut $200 million from the budget, the city faces a takeover by an EFM.
I think that we here in Michigan are looking down the barrel of a gun, and Whirlpool has its finger on the trigger.

And unless things change and the people begin to see the true nature of government, big business and whites, this could happen anyplace and not just in the town I call home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-420LU_Of0

The biggest culprit in all this is apathy.

And unless things change and the people begin to see the true nature of government, big business and whites, this could happen anyplace and not just in the town I call home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-420LU_Of0

The biggest culprit in all this is apathy.

Good morning, bruh...

Also appreciate the reality check/wake up call...

Just sent out my own...

One and all need to pass along this link/video...

FYI...

Good luck!

:SuN034:

sounds like a reasonable plan to me.. inflexible unions need to be broken down..
I don't understand why folks get all nostalgic and unilaterally support unions..
context is everything.. enrollment is down.. per pupil funding is down..
expenses must be cut.. budgets must be lowered.. manpower must be reduced..
let's not forget that Detroit's economy has been decimated by the decade long
collapse of the American auto industry.. a Billion dollar budget with a 300 million
dollar deficit?? that's nuts.. That entire system needs to be torn down and
re-imagined from scratch.. if the collective bargaining agreement is in the way of
that happening, then it needs to be updated to fit the current situation.​

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back