Black Spirituality Religion : What's different about today?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Since the prophets first proclaimed that an end time would come just about every generation has thought it was in the end times. The signs of the end times have been with us from the beginning and today we don't have a sign of the end times that was not seen in many previous generations. Wars, famine, earthquakes, disobediant children. They've always been here. The disobediant children part might be pointed out as exceptionally bad in today's world. But remember that is an American phenomenon. There was no America in Jesus time so he was not speaking of things taking place in America.

If we look at the effect when people think they are in the end times we can see why this has been such a powerful tool for the powers that be. When people think they are in the end times they become less concerned about what's happening around them unless it is some act of love which they think will winthem goody points in the next world. This allows governments to act with impunity and the people who survive will just lovingly pick up the pieces after the dust settles.

This is why the bible has been so popular with government and religious leaders. Thay see the value of a religion with signs of the end times that are so broad they will always exist and therefore always be useful to the powers that be.

this is the second "reference" to a "feeling of weirdness" i have heard today; what makes you think of it?
river said:
Since the prophets first proclaimed that an end time would come just about every generation has thought it was in the end times. The signs of the end times have been with us from the beginning and today we don't have a sign of the end times that was not seen in many previous generations. Wars, famine, earthquakes, disobediant children. They've always been here. The disobediant children part might be pointed out as exceptionally bad in today's world. But remember that is an American phenomenon. There was no America in Jesus time so he was not speaking of things taking place in America.
kinda funny, but when i spent some time reading the old testament a bunch of years ago, i kinda saw america in amelek. <shrug> maybe cause it just felt good or something! the concordance has (in my version of the kjv) three references to amelek. feel good stuff. :lol:

as to the rest of the post: aye; "religion; the opiate of the masses" - control a "religion", control a people. as long as the people spend time looking there for "answers" they aren't watching what the "princes" are up to!! especially if a "debate" can be generated vis-a-vis the relative "merits" of various "religions"!! "ignore the man behind the curtain!"

anAfrican said:
this is the second "reference" to a "feeling of weirdness" i have heard today; what makes you think of it?
kinda funny, but when i spent some time reading the old testament a bunch of years ago, i kinda saw america in amelek. <shrug> maybe cause it just felt good or something! the concordance has (in my version of the kjv) three references to amelek. feel good stuff. :lol:

as to the rest of the post: aye; "religion; the opiate of the masses" - control a "religion", control a people. as long as the people spend time looking there for "answers" they aren't watching what the "princes" are up to!! especially if a "debate" can be generated vis-a-vis the relative "merits" of various "religions"!! "ignore the man behind the curtain!"

There is still underlying truths in the bible being that it was taken from the old. In the Old Testament it already says things would repeat to each generation. The only difference is, is that this is supposed to be the last strong nation that falls. The animal symbol they used was the eagle (seal of the US), so I believe the US represents Babylon in todays times. It won't be the end of the world, just the end of a once powerful nation that magnified themselves. I still find comfort in the Old Testament. It has nothing to do with Jesus and Christianity and one is continuosly encourage to "seek the ancient paths" and to not believe what our oppressors have told us or take on their ways. The OT is completely opposite of the New Testament, that's why they don't preach on it as much in church. But I would encourage any Christian who is afraid to go outside of the traditional belief system to start really reading the Old Testament so they can feel secure in letting go of the brainwash they'be been fed. Then they'll see it's ok to leave that system all together and seek the ancient paths.

river said:

If we look at the effect when people think they are in the end times we can see why this has been such a powerful tool for the powers that be. When people think they are in the end times they become less concerned about what's happening around them unless it is some act of love which they think will winthem goody points in the next world. This allows governments to act with impunity and the people who survive will just lovingly pick up the pieces after the dust settles.

This is why the bible has been so popular with government and religious leaders. Thay see the value of a religion with signs of the end times that are so broad they will always exist and therefore always be useful to the powers that be.

I think the only difference in today's time versus past eras is that now we publicize sexual sin, (which seems to be the only type of 'immorality' American culture takes notice of). We also tend to discredit 'signs of the times', when the evils occur against people of color.

This is not to say that I don't believe that an End Times won't happen. If things keep going down this path, with the whole world being corrupted by white cultural ideals, (putting more emphasis on power and money than on spiritual things), then we will probably bomb ourselves up into the astral plane.

Either way, when it's your time to die, you will die. It doesn't matter if it's through the End Times, or through a heart attack. If a person is right with God then why worry about it? Some religions preach so much about heaven and hell, yet many practicing these faiths are so scared of death. It is something that is inevitable regardless of the circumstances around you. So the best thing to do is to enjoy the here and now.

Wisdom7 said:
There is still underlying truths in the bible being that it was taken from the old. In the Old Testament it already says things would repeat to each generation. The only difference is, is that this is supposed to be the last strong nation that falls. The animal symbol they used was the eagle (seal of the US), so I believe the US represents Babylon in todays times. It won't be the end of the world, just the end of a once powerful nation that magnified themselves. I still find comfort in the Old Testament. It has nothing to do with Jesus and Christianity and one is continuosly encourage to "seek the ancient paths" and to not believe what our oppressors have told us or take on their ways. The OT is completely opposite of the New Testament, that's why they don't preach on it as much in church. But I would encourage any Christian who is afraid to go outside of the traditional belief system to start really reading the Old Testament so they can feel secure in letting go of the brainwash they'be been fed. Then they'll see it's ok to leave that system all together and seek the ancient paths.
that's prolly my biggest beef about that whole christianity "cult"; Brother Jesus was trying to direct people back to the "Word of God" as "defined" in the Torah/Penteteuch/Books of Moses/Books of Law, and they lynched the Brother!! and now they wear that lynchin stick around their neck!! might just as well be wearing an electric chair, or a hypodermic! "thou shalt not kill". they killed him and are just happy as a clam heading on down the road to armegeddon!

on the other hand; any and every "religion" or "ancient wisdom" that anybody has ever put down "on paper" has come from inside of them: THEY WERE THINKING ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON AROUND THEM!! but now everybody is wasting all their energy looking back into the ancient past trying to find all that "wisdom" and the present is steadily kickin them in the @$$!?? "global warming"? that's the Honorable Ancestors getting hot under the collar watching all these "enlightened" peoples re-enacting breach birthing!

oh, what was the topic? "different about today". not a thing: same humans, same earth, same air, same trees ... nothing really. except that none of the people today, are living today near as well as all those Ancients lived in those ancient times! back then, folks did thinking and oral histories. these days folks can't think and have to turn to some new-fangled "book", that was edited and revised by people that had sense enough to recognize that as long as folks were gonna be stuck on stupid, they might as well be stuck on a directed stupid!!

oops! must be time for bed; another day full of watching folks stuck on yesterday and constantly crying about what someone is doing to them as if they weren't ignoring today and letting it be done to them! worse, actually; chasing in behind this "bi'neth" and "clockin dat green"; they are actually the ones doing it to themselves and can't/won't see it!! but they'll sure jump on me for daring to point it out!! and then go right back to kickin they own @$$ for "the man" .... smh

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back