Black Relationships : Whatever Happened To Courtship?

I believe the responsibility for it belongs in both genders hands. Women are the first teachers for our children, and so they are the ones who establish the sort of ethics our children start off with. They are unable to do that portion of their responsibility, when they also have to worry about being the primary earner for the family. Men need to work to ensure there is an environment that is conducive to helping our women nurture our children, while also joining in on raising and teaching our children. We have to recognize that our men and women together create the reality we live in, and both have to take responsibility for making said reality better.

Essentially, we need to encourage Black men to keep our less savory brothers in check and for Black women to do the same for our sisters.

I appreciate your post, as it is more balanced than the rhetoric that pervades social media recently.

Don't underestimate the influence of Dad's, whether they are there or not, it makes a difference. I am saying that as women are the first teachers of our children, men are the first role models of what manhood is, how women should be treated, etc. By their actions, they make just as much of an impact on children as Mothers do, IMO. Actions speak louder than words.

Is courtship dead? Has it been replaced by "hooking up"? Or, is courtship still alive? Have you noticed any change at all?

It became complicated. It no longer became about building a beautiful relationship and partnership together, but became something to impress the crowd and dazzle the masses.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back