Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

What Your TV Binge-Watching Routine Says About You

The researchers also noted the link between self-regulation deficiency and amount of binge-watching. “The results imply that the higher self-regulation deficiency an individual has, the more episodes he/she tends to binge watch,” they wrote. “Indeed, binge viewers may find themselves clicking the ‘Next’ button for one more episode after another, even though they realize that there are things to do the next day or they need to sleep.” They also noted that self-regulation deficiency was the biggest predictor of binge-watching behaviors, and that the inability to resist the desire to watch show after show could trigger feelings of guilt. (Anyone who’s ever felt kind of bad about whiling away any entire Saturday afternoon in front of a screen can attest to this.)

https://www.yahoo.com/health/what-your-tv-binge-watching-routine-might-say-109330515992.html

76f36122c8c9550b0b7b7100c4904539fff8f705.jpg

Making the case for a Netflix break. (Photo: Getty Images)

Can't wait to see what research says about the over 50 age group! Should be quite interesting! Can't relate to this study. Although, I do binge-watch for trending information and my beloved dramas and heartstrings types.

"Sometimes a Saturday night of binge watching your current TV show obsession feels so right and relaxing, but is it bad for your health? Could the trend of watching entire seasons all at once of Orange is the New Black or House of Cards do more damage than good?

According to a study released this summer by the American Heart Association, the answer is damage. The study reports that adults who watch TV three hours or more a day may “double their risk of premature death for any cause.” Experts say TV-watching, a potentially relaxing component of our busy lifestyles, can be a sedentary activity that prevents our body’s systems from working well as we get older, if done in excess."

The good news is: If TV watching is reduced to two hours per day at the most, and physical activity is also a part of the life picture, you’ll offset health problems and maybe even lose weight and/or keep it off.

The Pros and Cons of Binge-Watching TV

http://liveyourvie.com/my-mind/pros-cons-binge-watching-tv/

"Sometimes a Saturday night of binge watching your current TV show obsession feels so right and relaxing, but is it bad for your health? Could the trend of watching entire seasons all at once of Orange is the New Black or House of Cards do more damage than good?

According to a study released this summer by the American Heart Association, the answer is damage. The study reports that adults who watch TV three hours or more a day may “double their risk of premature death for any cause.” Experts say TV-watching, a potentially relaxing component of our busy lifestyles, can be a sedentary activity that prevents our body’s systems from working well as we get older, if done in excess."

The good news is: If TV watching is reduced to two hours per day at the most, and physical activity is also a part of the life picture, you’ll offset health problems and maybe even lose weight and/or keep it off.

The Pros and Cons of Binge-Watching TV

http://liveyourvie.com/my-mind/pros-cons-binge-watching-tv/

...[/QUOTE

Be sure and clue us in on the 0ver 30 plus research. I think my watching weekly shows, altho it might be
different shows in one nite do me more good than harm. As stated before, interesting post. I know we were healthier, when I was growing up, te hee, we played a lot outside and was not sitting in front of TV's a lot, usually listening to the radio. Compared to social media, I think TV is safer. I know many sit in front of their computers for hours.

...[/QUOTE

Be sure and clue us in on the 0ver 30 plus research. I think my watching weekly shows, altho it might be
different shows in one nite do me more good than harm. As stated before, interesting post. I know we were healthier, when I was growing up, te hee, we played a lot outside and was not sitting in front of TV's a lot, usually listening to the radio. Compared to social media, I think TV is safer. I know many sit in front of their computers for hours.

" ... The study reports that adults who watch TV three hours or more a day may “double their risk of premature death for any cause.” Experts say TV-watching, a potentially relaxing component of our busy lifestyles, can be a sedentary activity that prevents our body’s systems from working well as we get older, if done in excess."