Black People Politics : What you see?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by blazejay, Nov 7, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    This is my views and thoughts of what is going to happen since President Obama has been re-elected.
    I am Optimistic, because now even though the House is Republican they have no other choice but to work with the Democrats and President.
    Naive as it might sound, but it is going to happen.
    They have a lot to gain by working together, and to lose if they do not.
    I see our economy slowly return to normalcy, that is where we have to step in and help.

We have a chance to help make changes that will not only benefit us individually, but as a whole.
    I am willing to do my part this time and stay committed because I can't afford to see a whole lot of effort go to waste.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

The illusion is in thinking or believing they "have no other choice".

Yes they do. They can remain obstructionists, hold down the House that counts, and quickly turn Obama into a lame duck resident.

And look forward to 2014 midterms.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as the economy "returning to normalcy"

....since 2007 there has been a rapid decline of generational Black "net worth".

Don't believe me. Do the research. (or follow me on twitter ) lol!

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

What I see?

The same thing I saw in 2007 when I lived in Texas and the Las Vegas and returned To put my home in Texas on the market.

I had a dream. More like a nightmare. Blacks and Latinos at war with whites. Or so it seemed. It was actually Africans and Libyans being killed en masse by NATO and Americlan bombers.

As I traveled across this country several times on the road between Atlanta and Las Vegas I noticed declining housing construction.this was before the subprime loan fiasco and bank bailouts to follow.

Black net worth declined over 53% the next five years to under $6,000.

Do you realize how low that is? Most Black families generationally based net worth primarily on home value and equity. That wealth is, for the most part GONE.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Point blank, there is no solution.

It's all about the phase of capitalism we are in and more Obama sanctioned military operations increase need for military spending, which runs up the deficit. The Empire is shrinking but trying to expand, on the backs of the very minority groups which voted for him disproportionally.

If you had height level help or contact I would only expect you to use your influence for the benefit of the collective. And here I am not talking only about Black people, which I believe he is doing, but apparently we are an afterthought, or we are not bringing forth a united idea or cause then using social media effectively to brand and promote that cause.

What do I want to see? Same as Roosevelt did. Infrastructure develop. Local job creating leading to youth employment and empowerment. Tax relief to stimulate saving and investment. Increased funding and opportunities for Black business development.

Personally, I have less net worth since 2007 but virtually zero tax liability. I divested, sold off my investments, sold my properties, liquidated my retirement savings, and finally paid off delinquent taxes which were a result of overselling stocks and cashing out my retirement. I simply was making too much money for a single Black man with no dependents, too high maintenance.

I am more concerned with the wealth gap and abject poverty of my family and neighbors whose wealth does not exceed the value of my life insurance policy.

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as high level help or contact is concerned, I know people. People who mentored Obama when he attended college in California and was an anti apartheid activist. People who are not only high up in the state department but who are high up in several African countries. Africans who attended colleges and universities in the united snakes.

Many of the same people who were well aced under Bill Clinton. This is why Hillary runs the state department. To maintain that contact and keep it in place. The majority of Obama's top advisors were introduced to him by the Clinton's. It was Bill Clinton's last minute stumping that got that Latino vote out in the last days. I personally know the Woman who was the highest ranking Latina in the Clinton administration. Obama's Los Angeles network is heavily based in my own. UCLA. From the mayor's office on down.

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Thanks for the thread. Thought provoking. I can only relate what "I" see, not the vision of others. I am coming to grasp more better where brother Istlota is coming from in regards to this political Matrix. But I can not see what he or you see. Only my own perception which is conditioned by my own reality. Prior to the election my only focus on criticism of Obama centered on his foreign policy in regards to Africa.

That focus now has changed to THIS home front. This is why I ask, how many of us can honestly state that their net worth has increased the past four years.

8. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I see this country deteriorating worse and worse morally, economically, and politically gets entangled in more wars than ever.

9. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Which onay'al said that they will donate $100 to Destee? I ain't forgot that.

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

It might have been me and for awhile I did renew my premium membership, and may do so again in the future.

However, part of my own financial restoration program entails limiting subscriptions monthly debit deductions. Payments are processed through PayPal and I have had accounts hacked in the past.