Congo : What you need to know about the UN in the Congo

Chill, guy. Instead of the ranting-educate. You mean to tell me that a woman that is raped or has sex BEFORE marriage ARE not considered damaged goods? Point out to me where I said it WAS the ONLY factor? It is just as a PART of it as outright rapes by UN soldiers. You NEVER pointed out what I said was untrue.When you asked me what I know about the Congo, are you Congolese or from that nation?Again tell me specifically what I said was untrue? The female mutilation was from a young Somali or East African woman-is she lying? Or that men raping female babies to not get HIV/AIDS in South Africa? That came from official South African media, government and former President Mandela-they lying too. Did not get that one from the US or UN!!!!
Last point-is there is not a REBEL army or some organized rebellion against the official Congolese government?

yaphet al-wynn said:
You NEVER pointed out what I said was untrue.When you asked me what I know about the Congo, are you Congolese or from that nation?

Actually yaphet al-wynn, sister Kwango_Likemba is a woman from the Congo...she knows quite a lot about the country! She is from the country, and the overwhelming majority of the threads she writes about is centered on the Congo.

yaphet al-wynn said:
Chill, guy. Instead of the ranting-educate. You mean to tell me that a woman that is raped or has sex BEFORE marriage ARE not considered damaged goods? Point out to me where I said it WAS the ONLY factor? It is just as a PART of it as outright rapes by UN soldiers. You NEVER pointed out what I said was untrue.When you asked me what I know about the Congo, are you Congolese or from that nation?Again tell me specifically what I said was untrue? The female mutilation was from a young Somali or East African woman-is she lying? Or that men raping female babies to not get HIV/AIDS in South Africa? That came from official South African media, government and former President Mandela-they lying too. Did not get that one from the US or UN!!!!
Last point-is there is not a REBEL army or some organized rebellion against the official Congolese government?
I am Congolese... and I know very well what’s going on in Congo being a Congolese Nationalist militant and receiving news form Congolese liberation movements. I know the level and nature of sexual exploitation of women and children in Congo is not the same in Somalia or other parts of Africa because sexual exploitation in Congo is lined with diamond/coltan trade in MONUC-controlled DRC region, where girls as young as 12 or 13 are routinely forced to prostitution because they have been abandoned by their family or displaced by conflict. The MONUC military give into children rape or prostitution themselves that’s a fact! I am certainly not neglecting the Congolese military allied with the Rwandan and the Ugandan forces contributing to the cycle of violence and human rights and humanitarian catastrophe in the DRC. But the UN mission has been responsible for sexual exploitation and neglect of child protection and human rights we can’t forget that! You can spend the entire day pointing the finger at the people in Congo, I will never separate the fact that western global powers are fueling torture and killing in my country, and in Africa in general as way to cause chaos and secure our rich mineral lands.

Moreover, why are you calling for the overthrow of the Kinshasa government and the Patriotic forces? The young Joseph Kabila is for the independence of the Congolese people, he won’t allow the armed forces of Rwanda and Uganda to exploit the DRC’s diamond fields and commit human rights violations in my country for Western interest! His father Mzee Laurent Desire Kabila was way more against the Western racist neo-colonilastion in Congo that’s why the CIA murdered him. And then you too want to stop the Congolese Nationalists?

There are questions you need to answer, WHO and WHAT are you? How can you make the shocking comments you make?

Again, tell me what I said was not true? I was not pointing the finger AT the people of the Congo, but you did want to sidestep that there was a civil war going on there in the first place. Do not know if the faction of the organization you are in is responsible or not or what I am putting on is untrue or the guy in the article do not exist-tell me. I have READ up upon the situation in Congo to get all sides. Are the UN responsible for atrocities(sexual) before I posted?Yes and no I have not absolved them of anything. Have there been atrocities committed by both rebel and government forces? Darn skippy!!! I have posted here before and as pan and others tell you-I am the LEAST of all antagonistic posters here on this board, young lady. Much as you do not know me, this is the first time I have ran into you,als:confused:n to the article form genocide watch.
http://www.genocidewatch.org/PunishmentForRapistsCongoJanuary%2027.htm
If the link does not work-short article
January 27,2004
CONGO:pUNISHMENT VOWED FOR RAPISTS-Azarias Ruberwa, a vice president and former rebel leader, said the country had to punish former fighters guilty of raping thousands of women during the five-year civil war. The World Food Program said in November that its workers were uncovering rape on a horrific scale as the peace process allowed them to move deeper into rebel-held regions. (Agence France-Presse)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back