Food Discussion : What Would You Have In Your SURVIVAL GARDEN?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

We are in class now, with Brother OldSoul, talking about food, things wrong with it, survival tactics, etc.

I just asked in class, this question, and so i'm asking the Family too ...

What plants / foods would you have in your SURVIVAL GARDEN?

In this garden, you'd grow all the food you needed to sustain yourself, and get nothing from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

We are in class now, with Brother OldSoul, talking about food, things wrong with it, survival tactics, etc.

I just asked in class, this question, and so i'm asking the Family too ...

What plants / foods would you have in your SURVIVAL GARDEN?

In this garden, you'd grow all the food you needed to sustain yourself, and get nothing from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee
Although I am aware that this post is old I decided to chime in just to give some sugestions.

Some plants / foods that I would have in my SURVIVAL GARDEN are as followed:

Sweet Garden Corn

Pole Beans

Sweet Garden Peas

Carrot

Onions

Cabbage

Beet

Winter Squash

Tomato

Zucchini Squash

Lettuce

Pepper

Radish

Spinach

Cucumber

I would have some of the same things as Maîtresse

How many have space and land for Gardens?

I have some space.. but not like a garden should be. A garden should be at last 10 feet by 10 feet.

Couldn't we buy a empty lot next door and use it as a neighborhood garden?

I would plant some Mustard and Spinach Greens.

Two summers ago when I started my survival garden, I planted two pear trees and 4 cherry trees, 3 raspberry bushes, a currant bush, black berry bushes and grapes. That year my husband grew green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes corn, peppers. I also planted some strawberries but I will need to refine my technique because they died.

This coming summer I plan to try Blueberries and/or strawberries, carrots, black eye pea, red kidney beans, black beans. I am also starting a medicinal garden with things such as echinacea, st johns wort, cohosh, etc... Also I will continue my effort on identifying what "weeds" I already have and their uses so that I'm not removing a something nature already provided only to buy it and replant it (have done that too) such as dandelion and red clover...

I dedicate space and time to growing things that once established come back (perennials) such as the berry bushes, small trees and alot of medicinal plants.

I also learned how to identify and save the seed from the carrots so I don't have to buy those and I'm going to try to save the seed from the tomato plants cause i'm tired of buying them when I can grow them myself.

Also for survival purposes, I started investigating what plants that can be used for food and medicine are growing in empty lots, parks etc in my neighborhood...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back