Black People : What will be the Future of Farmers of African Descent in the US oligarchy?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The National Black Farmers association have more then likely been going through alot of Neo-Jim Crow attitudes from the government for many years.

But this strategic attack on Our Sustainers of self sufficiency
    FOOD,

as well as the sister in the White House,
    there to protect us from corporate white supremist graft, when we choose to work in fields of self sufficiency

Shows that theses are steps towards a process of what Langston Hughes called
    "Mr. Back Lash'?

If the white man chose to cut us off from all produce then who would feed the Black community, Other then the Black farmers???

so realy this is about survival ina declining economy

We know what happened to Cosby regarding the attempted purchae of channel four,
    and with this recent episode of Klan work,
    one can understand their strategy

Have blockades been put in place as regarding Black ownership and liscencing of Black owned Gas, electric, and telecom?

The imperative for collective economics is more evident then ever.

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There has always been a moratorium on selling to Black People. James Johnson had to get a white man to buy the building that houses Ebony Magazine because the whites had all joined together not to sell any buildings to Blacks.

Blacks in the city are three times removed from the source of their food. I wonder if many of them even know that food grows on a farm.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014

Whatevr happened between the time,

in the 50s,
    where our parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts where sharecroppers,

and whatever in the world happened to get African folks in this wilderness,
    to forget keeping oral tardition and oral heritage that we had kept through griots for 30 thousand years, and was stopped by the last 400,

that just 60 years would make folks forget
    Then it is our imperative to make them remember, by presenting the facts and history

you don't eat you don't live!

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    It is sad.

I was visiting my mom in California who has a tangerine tree in her back yard. When I bit into a tangerine and found a seed I was so amazed because I could never find anything but seedless fruit in the supermarket. Even the so called organic oranges were seedless. But all my 20 year old sister could say was "throw it away." That broke my heart to think our children have neither knowledge nor respect for what capitalism has deprived us of.

You are right. If whites decide not to sell us food there ain't a whole lot of us will know how to feed themselves.

Along with the language center we could have a survival resources center here with information about farming, building a fire without matches, digging water wells, generating electricity, distilling sea water, etc.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Along with the language center we could have a survival resources center here with information about farming, building a fire without matches, digging water wells, generating electricity, distilling sea water, etc.

Dear heart I had about 6 posts on that under both nanes, and now I hope folks see the necessity for that

6. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    I don't understand why are you blaming capitalism, for not retaining the ability to provide? an area is always available to have a small garden even in the city!. Or you can make or buy an earthbox. http://www.earthbox.com/ http://www.earthbox.com/resources/instructions/

Here if the mango tree overhangs public property then the fruit is available to be picked. same with a banana tree or other.

If its seedless its because its a hybrid, like an orange is sour. a sweet orange is a graft onto an original orange tree, if the tree dies back beyond the graft then when it regenerates the fruit will be sour again.

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    As far as I know, white people are not some kind of cabal that gets together and decides how they are going to treat the other "races". As such, all of them deciding to not sell things to other people is beyond my ability to even fathom.

If there is something to be gained for both parties, then trade will occur. An example of this, during the Jim Crow era businesses were constantly being fined for not refusing black patronage. Like Milton Friedman used to say, business only knows one color, green.

Also, there are plenty of black farmers. And capitalism is why our land produces as efficient as it does(because there was a gain to be had from doing the extra work to devise new agriculture techniques).

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    the question was hypothetical, however if the states rights ish does lead to a return not to segregation, it will be real seperation since resources are scarce.

You are right about economics, but look at economics and racism.
    Ancient Rome had a relative good economy until it's decline and racism was not an issue but massive unemployment among whites when Blacks were getting many service and tech jobs, was a major factor in the development of the Klan, and anyone can see the rise in White Supremist and White Power groups,
    as the dollar goes down the toilet.

Most major Black communities receive their food from trucks, deliveed to supermarkets and grocery stores and Walmarts,
    trucks owned by certain companies,
    who if they are inclined can wreak havoc within a week,

by just by passing those drop off points.

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    All About the National Black Farmers Association

15 Years of Progress
    HISTORY
    The National Black Farmers Association Incorporated is a non-profit, community organization founded in February of 1995, by John Boyd, Jr., of Baskerville, Virginia, a third generation farmer who is determined to hold on to his heritage, and to save his farm from foreclosure caused by racial discrimination under the United States Department of Agriculture.

MISSION STATEMENT
    To encourage the participation of small and disadvantaged farmers in gaining access to resources of state and federal programs administered by the United States Department of Agriculture. To communicate and educate our community through effective outreach and technical assistance.

John W. Boyd Jr. is a fourth generation farmer as well as one of America's most effective defenders of civil rights. He has been featured in The Washington Post, "60 Minutes," "Nightline," CNN and as ABC News Tonight's "Person of the Week." He is a past nominee for the NAACP's highest honor, The Springarn Award, and currently ranks as one of Ebony Magazine's most influential African-Americans.

In 1995, Boyd founded the National Black Farmers Association after encountering the US Department of Agriculture's discriminatory practices first-hand and meeting many more black farmers who shared this experience. Boyd soon led NBFA members in a march on the White House. He went on to meet with President Clinton and to testify before Congress. The plight of black farmers had caught the nation's attention, but Boyd's pursuit of justice continues to this day. In addition to his work with NBFA and as an organizer of the Fairness Now for Black Farmers rallies, Boyd has served in many leadership roles:

http://www.blackfarmers.org/index.htm

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    The fact of the matter is the president has been ironicly silent,
    about the foolishness,that is preventing these farmers from getting their due,

folks who are the real "Too big to Fail"

not some Wall street fatcats that easily received 100 times the amount that our Black farmers sued for