Black People : What/Who is a "failure"

Sad and Harsh reality.....that we are held accountable.... despite being held captive in and to the shystem as is.

The phrase...."The buck stops here" comes to mind

M.E.
:hearts2:

Look at it this way Sis, we have to look at what made the takeover---the fall, possible, and what sustains it. It couldn't have happened without 'black' help. It would have been and IS impossible. That's a hard pill to swallow for some, but to take back power, it is necessary to completely destroy the mindset and environmental conditions that make powerlessness (i.e. 'failure') possible. If we can't honestly assess OUR role in what is wrong, then what is happening is that we are depending on THEM to be ok. That can't happen....it just cannot. We absolutely must find our own path out of this prison, or we will stay 'locked up' regardless of how they may try to morph the 'prison' to deceive us.

A failure is anyone who gives up on trying to succeed. A bigger failure is anyone who accepts that "white supremacy" or any other boogeyman is a reason to not try in the first place.

The real racists and supremacists are the black people who continually demotivate other black people with notions of inferiority and/or false beliefs of insurmountable odds. That is fear talking, not reality.

A failure is anyone who gives up on trying to succeed. A bigger failure is anyone who accepts that "white supremacy" or any other boogeyman is a reason to not try in the first place.

The real racists and supremacists are the black people who continually demotivate other black people with notions of inferiority and/or false beliefs of insurmountable odds. That is fear talking, not reality.

:toast: your words reminds me of a quote by Bierce: ''A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it''

Look at it this way Sis, we have to look at what made the takeover---the fall, possible, and what sustains it. It couldn't have happened without 'black' help. It would have been and IS impossible. That's a hard pill to swallow for some, but to take back power, it is necessary to completely destroy the mindset and environmental conditions that make powerlessness (i.e. 'failure') possible. If we can't honestly assess OUR role in what is wrong, then what is happening is that we are depending on THEM to be ok. That can't happen....it just cannot. We absolutely must find our own path out of this prison, or we will stay 'locked up' regardless of how they may try to morph the 'prison' to deceive us.

Thanks Sis...
You know that makes sense to me. While we are and have been co-conspirators of our demise, we can also become co-facilitators of our Recovery. We WILL become actively engaged in this process when we are able to tolerate the TRUTH and begin to be the balm needed to soothe the pain of said truth. That "balm" as I see it, will be our ability to L.O.V.E......

Lift Our Valuable Energy as opposed to dumping ish on each other time and time again.

Wayfarer said:

Greetings Wayfarer and Thanks for Sharing! The highlighted piece really spoke volumes to me. Your comments also reminded me of the saying I heard growing up; "You CAN'T beat the system". I also heard that "can't" was not a word in the dictionary. Those mixed messages still drive me kinda crazy when I hear it, however, I know I'm committed to 'trying'. Mommie also taught me that "nothing beats a failure save a tryer" (I think that's how it goes)
I join Amnat77 in a :toast: to you! Thanks again for Sharing

Amnat77 said:
:toast:your words reminds me of a quote by Bierce: ''A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it'
Thanks for Sharing this interesting quote. 'Self-doubt' is a mother and one I work daily to combat. It is a part of me and I'm certain of it's origins in my life. I think it is also akin to Wayfarer's comment regarding folks tendency to "demotivate" others and many do it by the words they chose, the labels they slap on others, and/or the fear we carry.
I'm also thinking of the socialization process we go through. We are taught to COMPARE and COMPETE with each other very early in life. I think this process breeds self-doubt and anxiety/fear about one's ability, value and worth. The standards we hold regarding just what is "success" are those brought to us courtesy of the european...imo.

Someone recently suggested to me that there may be some unconscious revealations about ourselves we share when titling a post. For example, the tiltle of this post may suggest that I am answering my question..."Who/What is a failure"~truetothecause.

I admit and acknowledge my "failure" to participate in a system I do not value. Ironically, the programming was aborted as I gained more knowledge via academic scholarship. My definition of "success" is no longer marked by what 'things' I have acquired or the position I hold. In addition, my life is not a "game" to be played.

Anyway, to label someone a "failure" is based on that person's perception of what the others goals are or should be. Who has the right to say who is a failure and what is it based on? I think if we are to attain the goal of Liberation (for those who share that) then there are many words we would not use in relation to each other and we will make conscious efforts to re frame our thinking about what constitutes "success".

Thank You all again for Sharing your thoughts on this topic!

M.E.
:hearts2:

Very well said! :toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back