Black Women : What white folks can learn from African women

African mothers see baby strollers as abhorrent fad ...

I never purchased strollers for any of my children. I prefer to hold my babies in my arms....close to me. A busy area with so much traffic drives me crazy. These African women can tell whites how they can bond with their children.:lol:
You live on an island, do you feel confined? I think you live in Barbados. I've been there and it is a beautiful coral island.

Its some big dark black burly brothers on that island I often wondered where most of the black people on Barbados were from, what part of Africa?

African mothers see baby strollers as abhorrent fad ...

I never purchased strollers for any of my children. I prefer to hold my babies in my arms....close to me. A busy area with so much traffic drives me crazy. These African women can tell whites how they can bond with their children.:lol:

YT people can't and don't even bond with themselves, much less their babies or children....so there ain't jack they can learn from us that they don't already know about us that they always try to use against us. Of course this is collectively speaking, not individually speaking.

You live on an island, do you feel confined? I think you live in Barbados. I've been there and it is a beautiful coral island.

Its some big dark black burly brothers on that island I often wondered where most of the black people on Barbados were from, what part of Africa?

It has been stated that most of the slaves who came to Barbados were from West Africa

Barbados - A Trip Down Memory Lane - Blogger

A former Nigerian president visited Barbados a few years ago. President Gowon and his wife.
There are some customs here that are that are part of the tradition of Nigeria.

• Games
History of the Warri Game - Barbados Photo Gallery
Warri is the city in Delta of the River Niger in south part of Nigeria
  • Food

466x222-conkies_barbados.jpg

This is made from corn meal, coconut, raisins spice and sweet potato and wrapped in banana leaves. Then placed in a saucepan and cooked. The name is conki, apparently it a Ghanian word .'kenkey'.

epl-flyingfishcoucou.jpg

Flying Fish and Cou-Cou–The Bajan National Dish | Parlour ...

• Dance
8:01 Barbados Folkloric Spectacular Show

Folk Songs
Barbados Crop Over 2013 - Grand Kadooment Day
This is a festival which was said to be celebrated by the slaves after the sugar cane crop:eek:
This is just a taste JuneBugg, hope I did not bore you:lol:

It has been stated that most of the slaves who came to Barbados were from West Africa

Barbados - A Trip Down Memory Lane - Bloggera

A former Nigerian president visited Barbados a few years ago. President Gowon and his wife.
There are some customs here that are that are part of the tradition of Nigeria.

• Games
History of the Warri Game - Barbados Photo Gallery
Warri is the city in Delta of the River Niger in south part of Nigeria
  • Food

466x222-conkies_barbados.jpg

This is made from corn meal, coconut, raisins spice and sweet potato and wrapped in banana leaves. Then placed in a saucepan and cooked. The name is conki, apparently it a Ghanian word .'kenkey'.

epl-flyingfishcoucou.jpg

Flying Fish and Cou-Cou–The Bajan National Dish | Parlour ...

• Dance
8:01 Barbados Folkloric Spectacular Show

Folk Songs

This is just a taste JuneBugg, hope I did not bore you:lol:
Absolutely not bore me, when I was there I got to explore some caverns I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And what was cool abut the caverns, the entry was like in the middle of town LOL.

Yes the food seemed to have an African slant to some of the dishes but I also got to eat some Carib Indian food too and I thought it was tasty too. And that brings up another question, do the Carib Indians segregate themselves from everyone else, many of them look mixed with black in fact I would say most, what is going on in that community on Barbados?

edit - one other thing about Barbados the Island have a violent shore line and a calm one on the other side of the Island, are the communities different too?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back