Black Spirituality Religion : What Were The First Words of God Known To Man?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Hello Everyone,

If someone such as myself :) were going to study "God's Words" from the beginning to this current day. Where would they start? What came first? What came 2nd ... and so on? How many references, books, scrolls, tablets, etc., to "holy scripture" are there?

For example, Aqil mentioned the Essene Scrolls, were they here before the bible? When was the bible presented to the world? Was that the King James Version, or was that another version and KJV came later? Were there "bibles" even before it?

I'd like a list in chronological order of what came first, please. It's okay if you can't provide all ... I think if I must have only some or even one, let it be the first words of God known to man.

What better place to start than ... in the beginning ...

What were the first recorded words of God known to man, preferably, irrespective of "religions"?

Thanks Yall.

:heart:

Destee

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: Destee's query...

The Bible says in the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God. Do we know what man's first words to God were?...as recorded by Him?..

:read:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Oh My Goodness !!! He's answering my questions with questions??!!! :nuts:

Okay, I guess you want me to find the answer ... alright ... give me a minute (or 599). I'll be back. Of course if anyone else has the answer ... feel free. :)

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    According to the Bible - God's First Words To Man:
    According to the Bible - Man's First Words To God:
    According to the Bible - Man's First Words - not sure if he was talking to God:
    I have more questions (of course) but I want to be sure I have the above correct and if I've answered your question before I go on.

Destee

Edited to include the words "According to the Bible."

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    It would have been more correct if you had affixed the words "according to the Bible" to each of your statements in red. The verses you quote are from the first book of the Old Testament and the Torah. The Greeks called the first five books of the Bible "The Pentateuch," and claimed they were written by Moses. However, recent Biblical research and the publication of the Dead Sea Scrolls has revealed this claim to be questionable...

In the first place there is no affirmative evidence that Moses is the author of these books; and that he is the author is altogether an unfounded opinion that nobody knows who originated. The style and manner in which these books are written give no room to believe - or even suppose - they were written by Moses, for it is the style and manner of another person speaking of Moses.

In Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers (for everything in Genesis is prior to the time of Moses, and not the least allusion is made to him therein), the whole of these books is in the third person. It is always, "the Lord said unto Moses," or "Moses said unto the Lord," or "Moses said unto the people," or "the people said unto Moses"... and this is the style and manner that historians use in speaking of the persons whose lives and actions they are writing about.

It may be said that a man may speak of himself in the third person - and therefore it may be supposed that Moses did. But supposition proves nothing, and if the advocates for the belief that Moses wrote those books himself have nothing better to advance that supposition, they may as well be silent.

But granting the grammatical right that Moses might speak to himself in the third person (because any man might speak to himself in that manner), it cannot be admitted as a fact in those books that it is Moses who speaks, without rendering Moses truly absurd. For example, Numbers 12:3 says, "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth." If Moses said this of himself, instead of being the meekest of men, he was one of the most vain and arrogant of Biblical jesters...and the advocates for those books may now take which side they please, for both sides are against them.

If Moses was not the author, then the first five books of the Bible are without authority. And if Moses is the author, he is without credit, because to boast of meekness is the reverse of meekness, and is a lie in sentiment...

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Addendum...

And did you know that parts of the Book of Proverbs came from the ancient Egyptians of Africa? According to the eminent Egyptologist J.H. Breasted, The Wisdom of Amenemope, the written works of the great Egyptian Pharoah who reigned during the time of Solomon, was translated into Hebrew, and an important part of it found its way into the Old Testament. Whole sections of Proverbs 22:17 and 23:11 are largely drawn verbatim from The Wisdom of Amenemope; i.e., the Hebrew version is practically a literal translation from the Egyptian...

7. jusme

jusme Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    God first told Adam to tell the Angels what He had taught him. The Angels were asking about things of which they had no Knowledge. This was to let them know that God knows all and creation knows what God Teaches us. This is before Adam was sent to earth.

8. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    Better yet, God first told Adam to "Be" and Adam was.

9. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    kemestry
    Adam was made from a quintessence of clay in heaven. And when God intends a thing, as in making Adam, He but says to that intention "Be", and it is. My text is not from the bible, kno that. God truly Supernatural, He needs not labor.

10. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    kemestry
    Is there in fact any person, place or thing that can refuse or "not here" a direct command from God? I truly doubt that.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what was the firsy word spoken by God