Black People : What we are facing again in 2004. A RIP OFF

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040517&s=palast

" In the last presidential election, approximately 1 million black and other minorities voted, and their ballots were thrown away. And they will be tossed again in November 2004, efficiently, by computer--because HAVA and other bogus reform measures, stressing reform through complex computerization, do not address, and in fact worsen, the racial bias of the uncounted vote.
One million votes will disappear in a puff of very black smoke. And when the smoke clears, the Bush clan will be warming their political careers in the light of the ballot bonfire. HAVA nice day. "

Call your local Congressman or Woman.

www.house.gov/
www.congress.org/
www.senate.gov/

Get on your local AM talk shows and voice your comcerns, on the topics. Millions will hear and this will make a difference. If you have a problem finding an informative station. Turn to http://www.kgoam810.com/ on the internet and listen to the shows there. The better ones and more truthful ones, are at night.

http://www.kgoam810.com/ComplexPersonalities.asp
Gene Burns
Bernie Ward
Ray Taliaferro - especially Ray the :bomb: ( He's on vacation this week )

Do something, or do nothing both are your right and decision. Peace :peace:

Thanks Happy Hodee isnt going anywhere. I need to read some of your post to come up to date on the issues.

Here they are starting the process. I think as black Americans we should do something for the prisoners. They can't get jobs, and they can't vote. Men without hope and a country.

The NAACP, and the U.S. Department of Justice have failed us again. Now they never fixed the names and stuff from the last dis-enfranchisement. So here they go. Creating another gauranteed list that will win his brother the election. Several other states do this also. Not all. So its decided by the state. I say we boycott in those states. There is something we can do. Denny's hasn't recovered from their boycott and never will.

Fla. to Purge Felons From Voter Lists
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida has ordered a statewide purge of freed felons from its voter roles, an election-year directive that some say would disenfranchise up to 40,000 people.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040506/ap_on_re_us/florida_voter_rolls_1

Hi Hodee.
You would think that We would understand this! I stated late last year that I didn't know why the CBC and NAACP were having anything in Florida.

I mean, Why can't We learn to be silent warriors?

We don't have to say a thing. We Just have to learn to do.

African-Americans can learn to not do any busines with the State of Florida.

You would think that the "Hip-Hop" generation would lead the way in this; since this is the place where it was broken that they are being spied on.

You would think that with African-Americans they would have learned from their votes being tossed--their voices made useless.

How can We do it? There is a recent post they was started (I think it was me) where Sister Queen said that We would have to do Our homework to hurt businesses because of globalism, etc... so that We would learn how to boycott everything that the entity controls.

So, in Florida what would you do?

I would stop drinking Florida Orange Juice for 1. I would not have any conferences in the state. Now, there is the first Black-owned hotel there; but I would have to know about the "Black-owned" part.... and maybe just do things there; and insist that they provide all my needs? No concerts, no nothing. If you would do a research of the biggest draws for most states in this country-- you will find that the things that makes the most monies for those states are Black things...concerts... sports (Here the biggest money maker is Bayou Classic...2 HBCU's fighting it out each yr... next is Mardi Gras, where the 2 biggest parades are Black etc...); art, etc...movies...We spend and are not allowed to reap the benefits.
No conventions. CBC and NAACP conventions gave FLA. big revenues last year...it was way up in the millions.

We could do this without hollering and shouting and letting Our bodies and minds be ravaged by stress.

There are entities that We should never return to.

All of these kinds of things are doable; but would We grab onto enough of what's inside Us to do anything is another thing all together.

The whole issue of voting is very important to me due to what happened in the presidential election in 2000. Never before have I ever felt so pessimistic about a situation of this magnitude. It's almost impossible to believe anything a politician tells you these days. Everywhere you turn there's a scandal here and a scandal there, but seldom any public outcry demanding drastic actions be taken to remedy the situation. Americans, particularly African Americans have become so apathetic about things that directly affect us that I'm wondering if Willie Lynch was right.

If going to the voting polls and casting your vote appeases a person's conscience about exercising a long and hard fought for right to do that, if that's all someone wants to do, then do it. But for many of us, we want assurances that our vote will not only be counted, but included in the system. After all that happened in 2000, does anyone here really think the situation has been corrected and neutralized? If so, how do you know?

It's almost like we're caught between a rock and a hard place, as they say: you're darned if you do and darned if you don't vote!

In terms of withholding your money by not supporting businesses that don't support us, yes, we can be silent partners in that effort. But in the public arena, you need to squeek and loudly if you want your voice to be heard above all the other voices vying for similar attention. I don't think that NOT voting will send the proper message, do you? So, Brother HODEE has given us some good advice in addition to ways we can be heard.

We MUST protest against these injustices or else continue to be ignored and disenfranchised!

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back