Black People : What we are facing again in 2004. A RIP OFF

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, May 1, 2004.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040517&s=palast

" In the last presidential election, approximately 1 million black and other minorities voted, and their ballots were thrown away. And they will be tossed again in November 2004, efficiently, by computer--because HAVA and other bogus reform measures, stressing reform through complex computerization, do not address, and in fact worsen, the racial bias of the uncounted vote.
    One million votes will disappear in a puff of very black smoke. And when the smoke clears, the Bush clan will be warming their political careers in the light of the ballot bonfire. HAVA nice day. "

Call your local Congressman or Woman.

www.house.gov/
    www.congress.org/
    www.senate.gov/

Get on your local AM talk shows and voice your comcerns, on the topics. Millions will hear and this will make a difference. If you have a problem finding an informative station. Turn to http://www.kgoam810.com/ on the internet and listen to the shows there. The better ones and more truthful ones, are at night.

http://www.kgoam810.com/ComplexPersonalities.asp
    Gene Burns
    Bernie Ward
    Ray Taliaferro - especially Ray the :bomb: ( He's on vacation this week )

Do something, or do nothing both are your right and decision. Peace :peace:

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Brother-

You are so right; glad that you are still around Hodee.

3. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Thanks Happy Hodee isnt going anywhere. I need to read some of your post to come up to date on the issues.

Here they are starting the process. I think as black Americans we should do something for the prisoners. They can't get jobs, and they can't vote. Men without hope and a country.

The NAACP, and the U.S. Department of Justice have failed us again. Now they never fixed the names and stuff from the last dis-enfranchisement. So here they go. Creating another gauranteed list that will win his brother the election. Several other states do this also. Not all. So its decided by the state. I say we boycott in those states. There is something we can do. Denny's hasn't recovered from their boycott and never will.

Fla. to Purge Felons From Voter Lists
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida has ordered a statewide purge of freed felons from its voter roles, an election-year directive that some say would disenfranchise up to 40,000 people.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040506/ap_on_re_us/florida_voter_rolls_1

4. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Hodee.
    You would think that We would understand this! I stated late last year that I didn't know why the CBC and NAACP were having anything in Florida.

I mean, Why can't We learn to be silent warriors?

We don't have to say a thing. We Just have to learn to do.

African-Americans can learn to not do any busines with the State of Florida.

You would think that the "Hip-Hop" generation would lead the way in this; since this is the place where it was broken that they are being spied on.

You would think that with African-Americans they would have learned from their votes being tossed--their voices made useless.

How can We do it? There is a recent post they was started (I think it was me) where Sister Queen said that We would have to do Our homework to hurt businesses because of globalism, etc... so that We would learn how to boycott everything that the entity controls.

So, in Florida what would you do?

I would stop drinking Florida Orange Juice for 1. I would not have any conferences in the state. Now, there is the first Black-owned hotel there; but I would have to know about the "Black-owned" part.... and maybe just do things there; and insist that they provide all my needs? No concerts, no nothing. If you would do a research of the biggest draws for most states in this country-- you will find that the things that makes the most monies for those states are Black things...concerts... sports (Here the biggest money maker is Bayou Classic...2 HBCU's fighting it out each yr... next is Mardi Gras, where the 2 biggest parades are Black etc...); art, etc...movies...We spend and are not allowed to reap the benefits.
    No conventions. CBC and NAACP conventions gave FLA. big revenues last year...it was way up in the millions.

We could do this without hollering and shouting and letting Our bodies and minds be ravaged by stress.

There are entities that We should never return to.

All of these kinds of things are doable; but would We grab onto enough of what's inside Us to do anything is another thing all together.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    The whole issue of voting is very important to me due to what happened in the presidential election in 2000. Never before have I ever felt so pessimistic about a situation of this magnitude. It's almost impossible to believe anything a politician tells you these days. Everywhere you turn there's a scandal here and a scandal there, but seldom any public outcry demanding drastic actions be taken to remedy the situation. Americans, particularly African Americans have become so apathetic about things that directly affect us that I'm wondering if Willie Lynch was right.

If going to the voting polls and casting your vote appeases a person's conscience about exercising a long and hard fought for right to do that, if that's all someone wants to do, then do it. But for many of us, we want assurances that our vote will not only be counted, but included in the system. After all that happened in 2000, does anyone here really think the situation has been corrected and neutralized? If so, how do you know?

It's almost like we're caught between a rock and a hard place, as they say: you're darned if you do and darned if you don't vote!

In terms of withholding your money by not supporting businesses that don't support us, yes, we can be silent partners in that effort. But in the public arena, you need to squeek and loudly if you want your voice to be heard above all the other voices vying for similar attention. I don't think that NOT voting will send the proper message, do you? So, Brother HODEE has given us some good advice in addition to ways we can be heard.

We MUST protest against these injustices or else continue to be ignored and disenfranchised!

Queenie :spinstar:

6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    In Defense of the State Florida since I am a resident here:

Florida is known for it's voter disenfranchisement and I am not trying to cover up for it, but the current plan to get rid of felony voters is unfortunately lawful; the state is trying to make itself clean for 2004 election.

Therefore, with that said, there is technically no wrongdoing by the state of Florida. It is only like 40,000 names so it is not as if it is 400,000. The reason why they are being taken off the list is because they are felons who have not had their civil right re-instated in the state of Florida. I just got mine back this week, and I applied nearly 2 years ago for restoration so of course this means these people will not be voting again until 2008 but I am working on a plan that will help our state curb this process and it will help felons in Florida get faster access to rights restoration.

I think boycotting in Florida is not going to happen, the most effective method would be for people like myself to come together in the state and provide alternative solutions to the way a felons right are restored. We hopefully will get these initiatives in the hand of legislators and also on the voting ballot so they will be implemented.

In the end some of us are taking steps to curb this problem.

7. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    I must be the onlyy black man who has heard of Willie Lynch and don't know the story.

Queen many are convinced into believing their vote doesn't count. They court us each year because it does. The fraud is another part of the equation we need to fix.

MANASIAC the folks placed back on the rolls may not find out until voting day that they didnt get their due. That night, is a bad time to find out.

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother HODEE what I meant earlier when I referred to Willie Lynch was in reference to what seems to be a global apathy among Black people when it comes to taking a stand enmasse on issues that negatively affect us. We KNOW we are in a bad situation, but seem helpless to do anything about it. Willie Lynch taught other people like himself how to make an African a slave, one who is beholden to his master for at least 300 years. To some, this may be a poor analogy but it was one that seemed accurate to me. Why can't we seem to help ourselves when we know we need to because no one else will?

Willie Lynch speech: http://www.******************/wil.html

9. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Queen:

The only thing that is heard in the country is money. I hold adamant my conviction that We stop yelling and hollering-this is killing Us. We have stressed ourselves into too many diseases; too many of Us are literally dying because of all the pressures that are put upon us; and We let inside to kill Us.
    We have to stop that... I do it; and I think that you do it; I think that Our brothers like PA, and Hodee does it too; most probably most of Us here does it. We can no longer do that.
    Another reason We have to stop yelling and hollering is that We too easily let Our "left hand know what the right hand is doing." We have to become involuntary in Our actions. You said to me some months ago that you thought that many of Us are afraid [to fight]... even though I was shocked that you said that; after thinking about it, I agreed that that may be one of the bigger problems to Our disunity. So, if We learn to keep Our mouths closed and just learn to do, this can go a long way. By the time some figure things out--they are gone.
    In some ways We have to become Xenophobic; it works for every other group; lets give it a chance. Without Our almost trillion dollars chuckling in the system, without return, things will change. If "They" never get it; things will still change, because We would be more United; We will be saving more money; We will be able to put Our monies in places that help Us... Let another group be the backbone; see how long that can last. With everyone looking out for themselves... how long will this last?
    We are ignored because Everyone, even Us are always expected to give up. So what if I kill a black man in my store, sure the blacks will be upset, they may protest--but next week they will be back flip flopping on in, giving me their money....sure I can call blacks names, and laugh at them too, because while I am calling them names and denumanizing the animals, they still giving me their money... I can I can I can.... because Blacks will, Blacks will, Blacks will...
    As we have all stated before; there are some things We have to fight about--by yelling and screaming...but not everything. What good is yelling and screaming and destroying where you live... If the dictum is so what "Blacks Will?" That to me is dying in vain.
    By the way I think that Willie Lynch is appropriate example in probably all Our ills.

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Happy69. Why are you attempting to lacerate NNQueen. She was not yelling at Hodee she was merely stating a point. Your post has nothing to do with with the current topic in the forum whatsover.

Why such hostitlity? We are just on a forum.

I suggest you read Brother Alkebulans post about Unity. It will be very helpful to your endeavours.