Black Spirituality Religion : What Was Jesus's Ethnic Orgins ? Asian, African, Or European ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Seksen, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    After a week of cooling off , let's turn the heat up again. Was the "white Jesus" that many of us , grandpaw, grandmaw , and pappy preying to really european, like they trained us to believe? These scholars may be able to shed some light on this subject .For those who already know, this may not be for you. For those who question any information, and like to think deeper, dig in. I think that you may like this. Peace,With Thought and more meanings.

2. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    From ancient artwork, documented history, and present brainwashed conditioning, we still rely on our slave masters, murderers, conquorers, invaders, rapist, enemies,and re-written history to tell us who we are, and that our true orgins and history are not ours but theirs. Because of this conditioning we will defend them to the death, praise them, and pray to them for our salvation....that will never come to us from them. To top this off, we will fight like hell to stay in denial. Peace:With Thought And Deeper Meanings

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Do boats have ethnicity??

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

We are made in the image of something.

Peace!

5. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

According to the book of Revelation, Jesus is the color of brass...Rev.1:14-15. John described his feet as being like fine brass burned in a furnace. So him being white should be excluded automatically because it looks like Jesus had color.

The question of what color is Jesus is an interesting one because if you was to look at it historically, Jesus has been depicted in many ways depending on who is viewing him. Whites see him as they do because that want, and think everything that is good is in their image.

I know in India, he is show in the image of them dressed in their culture's apparel. We see him with black features with the hair to match. Which is suspect also because if he was describe one way, wouldn't it be just as easy to say he had dark skin?

Individual perception has, and will play a big part in what color Jesus was/is. However I think the safe point to make is that he had color, was of middle eastern decent with longish hair.

Peace!

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Good stuff brother Enki, but be careful and mindful when making the Chameleon argument in regards to Yashua's color:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-215#post-724473

The link page above (and the page before) shows clearly why we must push back from saying the Messiah comes in a variety of colors; he was no freak of nature, as the lizzard.

Peace In,

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Thanks for the link bruh...

Over the years we have seen the depiction of Jesus run gamut. I've seen him be Native American, African, Caucasian and a few other ethnicities. He's had long hair, short hair, dark hair, blond hair and one even wore dread locks. I have the belief that people may have "in His image" literally and believe that we were created in the image of God (Jesus) therefore He looks as we do.

Could this be the case since there is nothing that really says what color he was definitively? But let me direct you to a word, you may have heard of it: "Ruddy"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...t2TYkWF_w&sig2=FpqOWcfNa2fRgAuh6YgONA&cad=rja

Peace!

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Do me a favor and bring back some color samples of Jasper and Sardine after checking this out:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/jesus-feet-like-burned-brass.53330/#post-537884

There are samples here already, but I'll have to find them or just submit more, tomorrow...

Peace In,

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    [​IMG]
    Jasper.....

[​IMG]
    This is Carnelian shard,which is similar to the Sardine stone,but a little lighter.

I get you bruh,I stand corrected.

This quote here was used by a pastor one Sunday for his sermon on the color of Jesus. He took the position that Jesus had no color and was quite ticked that "we" were trying to make him black.

So I guess what the question is, are this facts open to interpretation and how different cultures call these two colors? The Hindus (I believe) Has a Jesus story that is a little different that what Christians have.

Peace!

Peace!

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Tell no one you saw me......