Black Spirituality Religion : What Topic, That You Did Not Witness, Would You Passionately Debate & Argue?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

Why do we argue / debate so much over things we must depend solely on the accounts of others for?

Most all of the discussions in this forum, many of them passionate and quite heated, are all based on the accounts of others.

None of us were there to witness any of this stuff ... yet many have consumed their lives and time with arguing / debating with each other, over what someone else said they witnessed.

Do you realize how much conditioning must take place to get whole groups of people to passionately argue / debate issues that they did not witness (and for the most part, cannot prove)?

Do you think that "spirituality / religion" has been used to keep us distracted (and fighting with each other)?

What motivates you to spend so much energy arguing / debating with your Sister or Brother, over a topic that you were not even alive to be able to witness ... not only were you not alive, but no one you personally know was alive ... what motivates you to argue such topics?

Do you realize the only "evidence" you're able to present (or that is presented consistently here) is what some other man or woman wrote or said?

What other topic, besides spirituality / religion, that you did not witness ... would you so passionately debate and argue?

:heart:

Destee

If you didn't witness it then you can't intelligently debate it ...it's an impossiblity..IMHO .......there are so many folk saying they have the truth they have the knowledge ..and if they would be honest with themselves they would admit that they know no more than the next cat because all the knowledge we have of these subjects is basically gossip.......

Mississippi Red

As you can see in the relationships forum, I debate passionately and fervently on the rights of convicted felons and ex-cons. I also feel passionate about political opinions that mislead our people (The Draft Thread in the open forum that in my opinion was misleading).

I try to do my best to provide accurate information in the defense of the aforementioned topics because I think for one, that in the political world our people are given some very poor and terrible information, information which is usually fueled by prejudice for whites, or partisan interests, conspiracy theories which are usually proven too be wrong, and or just plain lies. Moreoever the misleading views of some suffocate our people and dis-encourage them to participate in our political system. Our people need a political voice in order to make a change for ourselves, even Brother Malcolm X believed this.

The convicted felon topic is a very passionate one, because for one, I am a convicted felon, and one of my goals in life is too show first our black community that all felons are not evil, and secondly to show our society that not all of us are menances. It is really disheartning to hear people skew wild opinions about felons and ex-cons. I try to use my life as an example in this area because my life is living proof that all felons are not menaces.

Excellent question, one that actually made me stop and think. What you said here has made more sence than anything I have read here about religion/spirituality.
From what i see here, pride is the biggest motivation which causes people to argue because their ego wont let them think they might be wrong.
Once we repeat something enough, two things happen. One. We convience ourselves its true, and secondly, we have to get the last word in.
Its our nature a humans to do so.
Knowledge is a wonderful thing to posess, however, when you use what you THINK you have to tear down another, its useless in the end. One may leave their computer feeling'smug', but you really have to question the heart of these.
Much Love Sister, for the insight.
Perhaps its time to seperate the room as in having a place just for Muslums, Christians, whatever you may be.
We, ve spent years being mistreated by some hearts of others, no one should have to put up with being spiritually abused too. ( PS, I can dream cant I ? :))

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back