Black People : What To Expect In The Emerging Economy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    As we've all heard, "Things are going to get worse before they get better".

That is indeed true.

What I hope to do with this thread is to give you an outline of what is happening and is going to happen in these times, and how you can potentially position yourself to reap major profits.

As we've all seen, people are losing their jobs rapidly. This is the first major step in the establishment of the emerging economy.

Number two is the raising of educational requirements across all professions. This is also going to cause a lot of people to lose their jobs and stay unemployed.

The third and final that is going to happen is the emergence of a performance-based business model. What this means is, you will longer be paid for just showing up and clocking-in. You will now be have to actually perform the work they ask of you and you will have to do it at a constantly improving rate. If you don't, I can guarantee you'll see a major decrease in your paycheck.

What'll happen first is, you'll be laid off for a while. If you meet the qualification requirements for that job, they'll bring you back.

You won't start off at your original salary, though. It'll be much lower. And based on your performance, the company will determine whether you have met the requirements for a raise. Problem is, your cap-off will be what you were originally making.

Give me some feedback and let me know if you understand what all this means.

I'll be offering a few solutions to getting around this, but you've got to be willing to evaluate each with an open mind and figure out which works for you. Then, you can go for it.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I agree. As a business owner/human resources director of a company with 9 employees and 25 contractors, this is beginning to my take. I look at performance and as I do initial 90-day and quarterly performance reviews, my mindset is pay for performance. I fired two people just yesterday due to under-performance. I recently submitted an ad for employment that is more detailed and requires more education/experience for the same position than it did two months ago. My job descriptions are more intense and I require more training for my workers.

Tuhwi

3. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Folks will have to stop balling and move home with their parents. Soon it will not be unusual to have multiple generations under 1 roof. Because of this reason, murder/suicide crimes will increase. Which will lead to an increase in police officers.

Hey! You can't have the rain without the thunder!

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    yeah brother....these actions are already in motion....

one love
    khasm

5. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Everything I mentioned is has already(or is currently) taken place, except the full integration of a performance-based economy.

During these times, college classrooms fill up and the home-based business industry gets supercharged.

I know for a fact, Network Marketing is going to become a major player in the emerging economy because it is all about performance.

The big difference will be that more and more people are going turn to Network Marketing because there is NO cap on the amount of money you can earn.

6. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
  7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    the insurance business believe it or not,is just as lucrative as ever.

if Obama is true to his word about college,Therious may actually be back in college a class room. looking at a health care (industry still growing) certification,radiology etc. also the entertainment industry is stilling moving strong.

funny you mention class rooms filling up,this is the time to sell what you know. have a relative who had a slow few moths driving a truck,so he opened a CDL driver training school,put an ad in the paper,his phone is ringing of the hook.

8. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    And what ever happened to Black unity and "Do for Self"

Had we been dealing with or when we start dealing with this;
    Umoja (Unity)
    To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
    Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
    To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
    Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
    To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.
    Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
    To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
    Nia (Purpose)
    To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
    Kuumba (Creativity)
    To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
    Imani (Faith)
    To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
    We won't have to face this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJ7LM3iyNg