What to do about bad razor bumps?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by unique, Jan 29, 2007.

1. unique

unique Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey fellas,
    My sweetie has a bad case of razor bumps on his neckline. He said he got them when he went to a barber who didn't clean his clippers properly. He now cuts his own hair but the bumps are still there. I was wondering if any of you had this problem and what did you use to get rid of them ?

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Razor bumps or ingrown hair is the black man's curse, and the barber really didn't have anything to do with it. I only shave when I have to now, and knock it down in between with a beard trimmer. The trimer leaves a little 5 o'clock shadow. It's the closely cut hair trying to break skin that causes the bumps.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Unique ... here's a thread that may contain helpful information on this topic ... Black Men and Shaving.

:heart:

Destee

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
  5. T}{e Trut}{ RyL

T}{e Trut}{ RyL Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had some bumps but my barber gave me something for it. To my suprise, it worked. Just a few days ago, I decided to shave with the razor again. (Silly me) I just apply that "stuff" to it. I can hardly see them now. I'll put it like this, in this white world, if you have money, you can have them gone. Just ask a professional barber. See if he give you some "stuff" for it.

6. YourPoet

YourPoet New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Razor Bumps

I will talk from my experience. One day after buying a pack of disposable razor blades I decided to read the instructions on the package for shaving. This was something I couldn't ever recall having done. Any way, if I can recall correctly, the instructions said to follow the "grain?" of the hair while shaving. What I quickly notticed while shaving is that I had a downward motion with the blade for my face and an upward shaving motion for my neck.
    Once I started using the downward shaving motion for face and neck my beard bumps ceased to be a problem. (Also, I believe age and skin sensitivity plays a role as well.)

yp
    (I just signed up. I hope to complete some of the profile information shortly.)

7. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I would have said use clippers instead of a razor but if he used that and still got them then I don't know.

8. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    what to do...

just keep the good ones away from em[smile].

9. urb tactics

urb tactics New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    magic shave.....and shave with the grain, every single day....u will see a difference in a few days......

10. zangief470

zangief470 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump Down

Try Bump Down! Perfect solution, no redness, itchiness, razor bumps, just smooth skin. I can't stand all the other stuff out there cuz none of it works

Users found this page by searching for:

1. had razor bumps for years

2. really bad razor rash

3. what to put on reallybad razor bumps