Black Relationships : What to cook on a dinner date?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Nfant_De_Milieu, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings everyone, I just wanted to get some people's advice on what to cook on a dinner date. It is always nice to go out to eat but things get too expensive these days. Just here in GA it cost $8.50 for one person ,($17 for 2 yikes), for the movies!!! I thought maybe I would cook for my lady friend :) but, what should I cook? I am thinking things will be more romantic cooking for her then after dinner play some jazz for her, oh yeah I am a saxophonist!! :)Anybody out there who ever cooked for someone or had someone cook for them give me the scoop. Thanks in advance!

2. morenaseis

morenaseis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Air Traffic Controller
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two Salmon steaks...drizzle with olive oliive oil and lotsa chopped garlic...squeeze a little lemon over it too...Let it marinate for just a little...place fish in a very hot non stick pan. The oil from the marinade of the fish is enough to cook it. Salmon takes a little longer than most fish.. Sear it at first, turn over to other side. Work with the heat so it does not burn. Slice a few lemons for presentation.

Then make a pretty salad....get a box of TEXAS TOAST and you are set. :toast:

3. morenaseis

morenaseis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Air Traffic Controller
    Ratings:
    +0
    any nice well balanced meal will do. It is so rare for women to actually do that now, he will be greatly appreciative. >>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You obviously travel in pretty scummy circles. You like to degrade and put down women...Sound like you need to be making better choices..bucko!! lol

4. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    whatever you serve him if you made it with love and passion he will always apriciat it ......if he doesnt than you know what you brought in house.........
    i know the feeling .......a little nerveus what to kook for him
    and when the momant is there......will he like it....
    but he has to be honest cause if he didnt like the diner ...but he likes you than he have to tell you cause when you be living together.....you have to be honest with eachother..you know......he cant not just let you serve the food and than when you leave the room .....he gives it to the dog...................lol or he trows it in the garbage can...lol

5. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    i know what i will make..................................

lol
    whatever man i will be dating..........cause i like the food myself

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    First you wait on the most tender moment of your life. Then you take that day and night off to make sure all is free. Do not call nobody. Do not mark the calendar. Flush your system out with sea salt water. Ignore all telecommunications to include past relationships of genders trying to ping you. Make a song of special meaning from the heart. Soften your skin up generously with oils of dear to all kinds of kingdom who would love to smell and be around you. Relax in simmer fire. Touch your deepest water. Breathe in air peacefully. Close your eyes earthly. Channel the energies within encircling your bubble of protection. Forget sex. Massage your stress away. Money don't matter. Mind is ether. Be all natural. Open yourself and eyes now count to ten. Smile. Now let's begin. You just cooked yourself the perfect dinner date. Think about it then read the words slowly and perceptively.

Now physically, it really depends on whether he or she is saying the night, day or forever. Meats and nuts are notorious for never letting your feet down always keep it up. Veggies revitalizes and fruits cleanses. Grains expand you out in more ways than one. Water is definitely needed. Alcohol is for truth or dare without or with knowing it. Marijuana is an herb though will get you hungry enough that anything taste good to include sexual organs. Other stuff just ain't right but you never know what they might be on, you feel me? I mean levels are levels and people are reasoned before and after bonding so make the experience count as your best to be used as wisdom and stored better knowledge as an answer within a particular solution. Cooking requires being a scientist of the bodies of existence bringing on a mood to savor the everlasting as moments of times clocking shifts of speed. Set the right mood and temperature of you so they know you and not trying to impress them as impressing them is the first impression of you of that first sacred moment nobody knows of; that is your actual first shot at a ritualistic occurrence ongoing like "honey, now you know we go out every other friday at the restaurant on the pier with live music or you know we always stay in on the eleventh, ninth and eighth days of the month to make our food together sitting back cozy up.." you get the picture right? So if you really digging that forever and instead of chancing with eyes to dip into this man or woman like a convenient store bought lotto ticket, then you might consider being thoughtful and make the night as special as you can to envision making that same dinner of remembrance a night or day into a relationship well worthy of reminiscence rocking chairs together golden as souls completed. The choice is yours from the heart or the feet...decide. Peace. Oh make sure roses are there for him or her...i'm just saying cause the rose and lotus was here first so show your best regards as homage.

(Diary of a Black Man: Just An Illusion) Copyright 2014

7. KMeister

KMeister Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +242

Be on the safe side: Ask your lady friend what does she like to eat? It would be just your luck to cool a wonderful shrimp scampi and discover she's allergic to shellfish.:lol:

Also, try to go to the movies early and take advantage of matinee prices.

Generally I wasn't a big winer and diner back when I was dating. I didn't want the woman to expect me to pay for everything every time we went out.

KM