Black People : What Then Will We Do With The Children? It's Time We Git Over It Yall!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Joyce, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Yes, I believe it's time we get past our negative feelings and thoughts on interracial relationships/marriage because like it or not it's here to stay and it's increasing. After reading some of the thoughts and opinions of blacks mixing with other races, white in particular, I think some of us have some deep issues that need to be dealt with.

Face it, the black race as we know it is changing...like in all other races, in some ways for the good...in some ways not. However, in terms of racial mixing I believe we may as well get over it and accept it because like it or not it has been happening since the beginning of time and certainly since our ancestors were brought as slaves over here to America. We must get past this for the children's sake. To reject or ridicule blacks for "crossing over" is to reject the children that are birthed from these relationships...we can't be doin' that yall...we just can't. That is racism itself.

Do you feel me...anyone?

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    The black race has already changed. Because of all the mixing with basically every color of the rainbow, there are no 'pure' black genes. And those that criticize biracial unions, could very well have a biracial-looking child even if they are with a 'regular' black person because our genes are so mixed up!

I think instead of bickering over IR, and what bi-racial people should I.D. themselves as, the black community needs to find a way to accept ALL types of black people. If you identify yourself as black, or half-black, or a quarter black or whatever, and you are making an effort to be one with your community, to me that is what should matter.

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    So true

Why bicker over things that don't matter? We need to get past the foolishness and learn to accept one another so that the black community can accomplish the unity it so very much needs.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The more things change, the more they stay the same!

http://www.urbanmozaik.com/2002.january/jan02_fea_rightwing.html

5. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well thats one way of looking at it. How about some people just do it for LOVE. Hmmmm now theres a novel concept...................

Why does there always have to be a alterior motive behind everything?????

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    That's the beauty of it! That article, the history, the philosophy...it is all coming from white people. No militant, angry black man responsible for it! It is always enlightening to know what others think!

7. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Pan,

Where do you stand with biracial people birthed from white/black relationships?

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i still say we shouldn't mix ....even as it was stated our genes maybe mixed to a degree
    but surely we don't need to wide it to a stage we become totally lost in the mixture
    Pan you make a great point !

9. GP

GP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel ya Sweet Lady!!!I married the woman I fell in LOVE with, not the woman society TOLD to me marry.And the babies........most beautiful babies on earth.Then again, who doesnt think their babies are ?

10. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi GP,

I know those twins are beautiful. How are they doing? Iz Dad & Mom tired from spoiling them so?