Black Money Business Jobs : What the Poor Owe the Rich - Your Opinion Please

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by BlackSunlight, Apr 24, 2014.

1. BlackSunlight

BlackSunlight Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    I came across this video and decided to find out people's opinion on the topic raised so I've posted it on a number of message-boards and I guess this section is the appropriate spot for this board. What's your view on what this guy is saying? Please give as much detail as possible on your opinion.

2. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    What a load of crap!:10100:
    The richest 10% own 80% of the stock market, billions in "unearned income" the rich make most of their money off paper, UNEARNED which comes under CAPITAL GAINS the top rate is 15% and it will go up to 20% I think in 2016. People who work for others tax rate is 28%, called EARNED INCOME. It is already immoral that a person is taxed less who profits from paper than actually working a job. Mitt Romney income came from Capital Gains, 15% tax rate and with his write offs and business subsidies he paid ZERO taxes for at least 12 years and probably got money back and that is not counting the money that was not exposed to taxes because he moved it off shore.

Another moral point, a rich person who inherit wealth and sits on their butts like the Walton kids, 5 of them have more wealth than the bottom 42% of Americans and income which is not EARNED INCOME and likely do not work but have more wealth than they could ever need to support themselves.

Who is more valuable, a teacher, a doctor, an emergency first responder, a scientist or a Walton? Walton money does not have to be concentrated within their family to benefit the rest of us, in fact such a system is detrimental to the rest of us because we live in a state of income inequality. If it were spread out we Americans would be better off. Is a rich person who bets on the a mortgage collapse and makes a billion off paper worth even one teacher or scientist or even a stay at home parent who looks after their kids?

Next moral point is common people pay more taxes percentage wise than the rich pay. Working people pay more of a percentage of their income in payroll taxes than the rich do in capital gains. That is not counting local taxes and the rest that come out of common people taxes which is a much higher percent than the rich.

Add up state and local taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and excise taxes are tallied up, lalalala.. low-income people pay up to 40% of their incomes in taxes, many of the rich when added up pay ZERO when they add in the subsidies and write offs only extended to them.

Next moral point is Average Americans pay more in taxes than corporations. In the 50s for every worker that paid 1 dollar in taxes, corporations paid 3 dollars. TODAY for every dollar workers pay in taxes corporations pay 16 cents! Who own and run CORPORATIONS the super rich!

:mad: Don't get me started I could point out a heck of a lot of moral points, OLIGARCHY, PLUTOCRACY, ARISTOCRACY, CORPOCRACY, IS IMMORAL PERIOD!

But here is the main point, no one got rich on their own! The rich became rich by those who preceded them, scientist, teachers, government that created a stable system and infrastructure and so on. Working people are shut out of profits they generate in our economy. Those profits the rich make would not be realized without rank and file workers, chemists, physicists, chip designers, programmers, engineers, production-line workers, market analysts, testers, troubleshooters lalalala! Workers who help generate profits should be entitled to share in the profits beyond their salaries and wages, say at about 40% of the profits should go to workers.

Look at the deals the unions cut for the NBA, NFL, MLB in all three it is about 50 50 split. But the system common workers have are shut out of profits and pitted against the cheapest labor the rich can find around the world.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it there!

3. BlackSunlight

BlackSunlight Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    Just one response out of 108 views but that's alright.

JuneBugg I thank you for answering and what you've laid-out in your reply I couldn't agree with anymore. There's literally nothing more for me to add to what you said. Especially the point you raised about how those who are counted among the rich didn't get to the position they're in by themselves. They don't exist in a vacuum and the wealth they acquired didn't just drop out of the sky no matter how long it existed in their families' bloodline. The rich got where they are, whether through fair or crooked means (the vast-majority of the time throughout history it was by the latter), off of the servitude of others.

Then he comes with some nonsense about the poor owing a big thank you from what the rich has produced... produce what? One could argue somewhat that the rich provided the leadership and such but, other than divine intervention, nothing would've come into existence without some manner of support by the working people making it happen. And as for the basis on the premise of providing leadership, as the old saying goes, "necessity is the mother of invention". He or she may have had the foresight of what's needed in society at a particular point in time and rose to the challenge, still, if it wasn't them it would've been someone else, that's nature and universal law. And let us not forget that, to maintain their elite status, alot of these hustling capitalist-parasites also push things that are not needed in society as well.

He also runs that poor people work for rich people and they would not have the jobs if it wasn’t for rich people. Yo, that’s how the system is setup. We live in a capitalist society. Those with the most accumulated monetary wealth automatically has far better access to material goods and greater bargaining power to obtain services among the people in the society, plain and simple.

Believe me, I can go on in showing how the rationale of his assessment ****-near borders lunacy. The reason I posted the video around is 'cause the sociopathic John Galt narcissism of "Atlas Shrugged" is running rampant these days and I wanted to do an informal poll (to somewhat see how bad-off we are psychologically).

Thanks again for responding.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Just a couple things:

Don't know about the other 2, but the NFL is flush because it's a Non-Profit Organization, i.e., it pays NO taxes. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Slavery.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    The poor owe the rich nothing. It is the rich who prospered off the sweat of the poor.

6. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Yeah, I almost forgot about that post, thanks for bringing it back up. There is a lot more that could be said on this subject because its this kind of Libertarian attitude that is adopted on the right and yet most people who vote that way are digging their own graves.

Aristocrats see themselves as the ruling elite, Aristocracy, worldwide but they are really parasites, through their bought and paid for politicians creating and enforcing so called "Free Market" with immoral labor policies, system of poor wages, poor working conditions and the decay of workers rights by the force of law and the systematic disfranchisement of common Americans and citizens of the world. Voters have no say once their representatives are voted into seats of power in Washington and state seats, who lie and act like they are there representing the well being of all citizens, when in fact are not. They get their marching orders from plutocrats and oligarchs and organizations that represents the best interests of corporations (ALEC) and expanding privileges of the rich who pay for their political campaigns. In return politicians expect perks and well paid plushy jobs after their political careers are over. This is obvious because the policies they enact and enforce are against the best interest of common citizens and serves only the super rich and the mega transnational corporations they own and run.

Its really classic fascism and it has an expiration date and I hope I live to see it, the sooner the better.

7. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    I think the title should be reversed. We owe no rich person nada. We are the ones owed!

8. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247