Africa : What the massive locust swarm in Africa and the Middle East means to the US

Wow!!! What happened? Two thirds of what I wrote is gone. Thanks again. Short version from memory since I cant post links, videos or imbed URLs is this. Locust in Africa and India and Pakistan have a natural predator in the Black Winged Pratincole. A group of African-American Aviculturist wishing to help African agriculture survive locust plagues agreed to breed and transport large numbers of this species of bird to their farms for a return of their initial investment with no strings attached and they were summarily dismissed by the African leadership from a number of nations. So much for cooperation and acceptance of assistance from the Diaspora in United States. We actually have a African Diaspora here in Germany. Well I do wish the African farmers good luck. Maybe Monsanto will send them terminator birds.

Wow!!! What happened? Two thirds of what I wrote is gone. Thanks again. Short version from memory since I cant post links, videos or imbed URLs is this. Locust in Africa and India and Pakistan have a natural predator in the Black Winged Pratincole. A group of African-American Aviculturist wishing to help African agriculture survive locust plagues agreed to breed and transport large numbers of this species of bird to their farms for a return of their initial investment with no strings attached and they were summarily dismissed by the African leadership from a number of nations. So much for cooperation and acceptance of assistance from the Diaspora in United States. We actually have a African Diaspora here in Germany. Well I do wish the African farmers good luck. Maybe Monsanto will send them terminator birds.

Its troubling that help was rejected, but maybe the number of locusts, which appear to be of biblical proportion, makes it a moot point.

The assistance offer was not now to address this latest locust plague but was back in the early two thousands when Monsanto's Terminator Seed Project also termed Traitor Technology targeting not only Africa but Haiti as well as India also was discovered to be in violation of the 1996 GURT agreement. African-American Aviculurist felt that what they had to offer would have a much greater chance at naturally diminishing the locust population yet not upset Africa's delicate ecosystem and the farmers would not have to resort to short term lab produced fixes to produce more agricrops using a genetically modified product of limited use would. Greed pays but greed also kills.

:facepalm:

‘Instead of Coronavirus, the Hunger Will Kill Us.’ A Global Food Crisis Looms.
The world has never faced a hunger emergency like this, experts say. It could double the number of people facing acute hunger to 265 million by the end of this year

:picture:

merlin_171373365_5c38a120-dfa2-4e21-a6cf-aefcefd2e49c-articleLarge.jpg

In Kibera, the largest slum in Nairobi, Kenya, residents already live in extreme poverty. Coronavirus lockdowns have caused many more to go hungry.Credit...Tyler Hicks/The New York Times

By Abdi Latif Dahir

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back