Black Children : What stagnates the black teens mind?

I-khan said:
Our abilities are focused in some of the wrong directions,at other times they are ignored, like thinking capacity. WE already started and are on a bumpy road,we just need to change course,any ideas on how to do so?

Can you elaborate a little more on your meaning please. When you say we, are you refering to black teens? And change course as far as.....?

I-khan said:
(for the record,I am 17 , but will not stay that way)

I cannot criticize any of us who do not have access to certain things that may intrigue us and we do not know they intrigue us since we did not have access to those things in the first place,those things may be subjects or investigations that mainstream indoctrination(better known as "education") does not cover,or simply ignores.What does bother me is the fact that many of us are being put to an intellectual sleep and do not even know it.

All to often I hear some of us who are constantly singing some song over and over and over,which is alright,until it shows something.That something would be the fact that the song they sing is memorized while the way you think is being controlled and manipulated.How,did you know that it is hard to think,most people just reiterate past prejiduces and either put them to words, on paper,or put them in actions.Remember that when someone calls an "Honors Student" a "smart" person.How can they be "smart" if they just remember what the teacher said a few days earlier?All they know is what they have been exposed to and they pride themselves in knowing that,showing that they are being controlled on an intellectual basis.This is not to say that the school system is against us completely(it is not in our favor though)but it is imperitive that you do not rely on other people to educate you completely in life."You should seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave"-Haile Selassie.

Another possible distraction is sports,now the media plays a big role in this,but so do we.Most of the NBA players are black and exploited for their talents by the media in exchange for some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.Now,being that many of us lack a role-model or/and form of tradition that could keep us and our family's/freinds peacefull and/or together we make look at these NBA players as role models and try to be like them,which is comprehendable(i used to want to be in the NBA).One of many of the problems that is prevalent with such a situation is that it creates more road blocks,in terms of intellectual advancement on an individual basis.What is constantly shown to us is that if you live comfortable financial life than you are set,which is false. You may be comfortable in terms of $$$ but what about everybody else?

Those are just a few things that seem to distract us from a certain natural way of growing as young people.What do you all think?

Hormonal and growth changes usually play a big part. But trying to determine what is your own brand of cool does as well. Sometimes, these other factors hold too much influence and becomes a reality

I-khan said:
(for the record,I am 17 , but will not stay that way)

I cannot criticize any of us who do not have access to certain things that may intrigue us and we do not know they intrigue us since we did not have access to those things in the first place,those things may be subjects or investigations that mainstream indoctrination(better known as "education") does not cover,or simply ignores.What does bother me is the fact that many of us are being put to an intellectual sleep and do not even know it.

All to often I hear some of us who are constantly singing some song over and over and over,which is alright,until it shows something.That something would be the fact that the song they sing is memorized while the way you think is being controlled and manipulated.How,did you know that it is hard to think,most people just reiterate past prejiduces and either put them to words, on paper,or put them in actions.Remember that when someone calls an "Honors Student" a "smart" person.How can they be "smart" if they just remember what the teacher said a few days earlier?All they know is what they have been exposed to and they pride themselves in knowing that,showing that they are being controlled on an intellectual basis.This is not to say that the school system is against us completely(it is not in our favor though)but it is imperitive that you do not rely on other people to educate you completely in life."You should seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave"-Haile Selassie.

Another possible distraction is sports,now the media plays a big role in this,but so do we.Most of the NBA players are black and exploited for their talents by the media in exchange for some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.Now,being that many of us lack a role-model or/and form of tradition that could keep us and our family's/freinds peacefull and/or together we make look at these NBA players as role models and try to be like them,which is comprehendable(i used to want to be in the NBA).One of many of the problems that is prevalent with such a situation is that it creates more road blocks,in terms of intellectual advancement on an individual basis.What is constantly shown to us is that if you live comfortable financial life than you are set,which is false. You may be comfortable in terms of $$$ but what about everybody else?

Those are just a few things that seem to distract us from a certain natural way of growing as young people.What do you all think?

I think you are very aware and smart at 17. Most of the role models I emulated in life I never knew their names. If saw a guy dressed nice. Doing certain work and making good money from his profession. I looked into what I had to do to achieve if not his level, a piece of it. I have always tried hard in school, classified as a C student because instructors never had time to truly explain. When I asked questions about the subject matter. I was told I was holding up the class. Looked upon by the instructor as a trouble maker, of some sorts. My questions were always revelant, but rarely got answered. All those other silent students just didn't want the embarrassment, so I expect they had grades lower than mine.

What I start doing was teaching myself, the unknown and unexplained parts of education. You lead into something simular in your discussion. Today I am highly skilled in many things. My present job is testing to FCC and UL standards any electronic apparatus, any Cell phone, Modem and other electronic device. I am skilled in GPS, Fiber Optics Microwave, Radio, Satellite, I am also a certified electronic technician.

Schools have become stagnated in teaching or haven't explored new technologies that are available. The slack is taken up by these special education programs you hear about that teach basics and the mystery of the basics. Many things have acronyms that help you recall how to solve math problems and for me to recall certain things and formulas in electronics. Like ELI- the - ICE man tells me that (E= voltage it lags current in a circuit that has Inductance. L = Inductance and I= Current. ) The second half tell me that Current leads Voltage in a capacitive circuit. C = capacitance. )

Your post touched on many things I will have to return to complete a reply. You do have the right way of thinking and your approach is solid.

Not to brag,but ************** has accepted ,and claims it will keep accepting, articles of mine that I write but do not publish because they are "freestyle articles" and only psychologically pre-meditated:http://www.**************/avenues/3rdpassage/lifelearning/blackyouth/indoctrination.php

More importantly,I would like to know what yall would like for me to write about and in what context.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back