Black Children : What stagnates the black teens mind?

I-khan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2005
(for the record,I am 17 , but will not stay that way)

I cannot criticize any of us who do not have access to certain things that may intrigue us and we do not know they intrigue us since we did not have access to those things in the first place,those things may be subjects or investigations that mainstream indoctrination(better known as "education") does not cover,or simply ignores.What does bother me is the fact that many of us are being put to an intellectual sleep and do not even know it.

All to often I hear some of us who are constantly singing some song over and over and over,which is alright,until it shows something.That something would be the fact that the song they sing is memorized while the way you think is being controlled and manipulated.How,did you know that it is hard to think,most people just reiterate past prejiduces and either put them to words, on paper,or put them in actions.Remember that when someone calls an "Honors Student" a "smart" person.How can they be "smart" if they just remember what the teacher said a few days earlier?All they know is what they have been exposed to and they pride themselves in knowing that,showing that they are being controlled on an intellectual basis.This is not to say that the school system is against us completely(it is not in our favor though)but it is imperitive that you do not rely on other people to educate you completely in life."You should seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave"-Haile Selassie.

Another possible distraction is sports,now the media plays a big role in this,but so do we.Most of the NBA players are black and exploited for their talents by the media in exchange for some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.Now,being that many of us lack a role-model or/and form of tradition that could keep us and our family's/freinds peacefull and/or together we make look at these NBA players as role models and try to be like them,which is comprehendable(i used to want to be in the NBA).One of many of the problems that is prevalent with such a situation is that it creates more road blocks,in terms of intellectual advancement on an individual basis.What is constantly shown to us is that if you live comfortable financial life than you are set,which is false. You may be comfortable in terms of $$$ but what about everybody else?

Those are just a few things that seem to distract us from a certain natural way of growing as young people.What do you all think?

I believe it's our laziness. Instead of asking questions and actively seeking answers, we just accept. We accept what the media puts in front of us, we accept what we are taught in school, we accept the place society has put us in and we roll with it even feeding it. We need to stop with this nonchalant attitude. We need to start acting like we care about ourselves, our race, and our future. If we aren't satisified, we don't have to continue to accept. I'm not satisifed that some of our behavior is unacceptable. I'm willing to help us make this change, but who is also?

Sodwn2earth said:
I believe it's our laziness. Instead of asking questions and actively seeking answers, we just accept. We accept what the media puts in front of us, we accept what we are taught in school, we accept the place society has put us in and we roll with it even feeding it. We need to stop with this nonchalant attitude. We need to start acting like we care about ourselves, our race, and our future. If we aren't satisified, we don't have to continue to accept. I'm not satisifed that some of our behavior is unacceptable. I'm willing to help us make this change, but who is also?
I have made changes in my own behavior, maybe others will be inspired.:weights:

Sodwn2earth said:
But then at the same time, I see alot of us giving up too easily. Maybe if we had a little bit more faith in ourselves and abilities, we could create a starting point.
Our abilities are focused in some of the wrong directions,at other times they are ignored, like thinking capacity. WE already started and are on a bumpy road,we just need to change course,any ideas on how to do so?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back