Black Children : What stagnates the black teens mind?

I-khan

Dec 27, 2005
Keita said:
What stagnates the black teens mind? HHhhmm...suffice it to say that it began at birth and not during the teen years. The teen years are simply a continuation of the previous years that they were blinded, misguided, visually and miseducationally controlled and manipulated...socially or environmentally conditioned or heavily impressed upon="teen carry over of the previous years".

This is the general answer, not the absolute answer, for nothing can be applied to 100% of the people. The previous conditions I mentioned are conditions that make it extremely difficult for teens to over come or move beyond without something interjecting upon their previous conditioning. Why? Because a ball set in motion tends to stay in motion unless something interferes with it.

Therefore the problem with the teens is that there is not enough interference to cause the ball to go in another direction. Why? Because unfortunately there are not enough knowledgeable adults to bring this about as it pertains to what they really need. My greatest pain is to see our teens go through the same cycles of ignorance and control that the older generations went through, meaning that "those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it".

Remember, we as a people are victims of "historical amnesia". As long as you remember that, you will search the ends of the earth to acquire what you need or what was taken. Do not become a victim of any thought process until you have exhausted every possible angle to an issue or question which will allow you to weigh it out for yourself.

Peace !!
I never thought of it that way,many points.

draconisz

Banned
Apr 28, 2006
I agree there are many points within your response Keita. And I agree that the older generation(s) have done little but blame and alienate our youth.

How can we resolve this?

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
Today going on twenty-five. I wonder what this smart young man is doing this year good for himself.
at the young age of 17 he brought this forward. Peace to You Brother... I-khan, you are MIA to the collective.

Those who were here in the early 2000's do you recall how we had the teens growing here with us.
How they flowed and kept us grounded as we helped them grow as well. I do and I wonder where they are.

I-khan,wrote

(for the record,I am 17 , but will not stay that way)

I cannot criticize any of us who do not have access to certain things that may intrigue us and we do not know they intrigue us since we did not have access to those things in the first place,those things may be subjects or investigations that mainstream indoctrination(better known as "education") does not cover,or simply ignores.

What does bother me is the fact that many of us are being put to an intellectual sleep and do not even know it.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
(for the record,I am 17 , but will not stay that way)

I cannot criticize any of us who do not have access to certain things that may intrigue us and we do not know they intrigue us since we did not have access to those things in the first place,those things may be subjects or investigations that mainstream indoctrination(better known as "education") does not cover,or simply ignores.What does bother me is the fact that many of us are being put to an intellectual sleep and do not even know it.

All to often I hear some of us who are constantly singing some song over and over and over,which is alright,until it shows something.That something would be the fact that the song they sing is memorized while the way you think is being controlled and manipulated.How,did you know that it is hard to think,most people just reiterate past prejiduces and either put them to words, on paper,or put them in actions.Remember that when someone calls an "Honors Student" a "smart" person.How can they be "smart" if they just remember what the teacher said a few days earlier?All they know is what they have been exposed to and they pride themselves in knowing that,showing that they are being controlled on an intellectual basis.This is not to say that the school system is against us completely(it is not in our favor though)but it is imperitive that you do not rely on other people to educate you completely in life."You should seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave"-Haile Selassie.

Another possible distraction is sports,now the media plays a big role in this,but so do we.Most of the NBA players are black and exploited for their talents by the media in exchange for some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.Now,being that many of us lack a role-model or/and form of tradition that could keep us and our family's/freinds peacefull and/or together we make look at these NBA players as role models and try to be like them,which is comprehendable(i used to want to be in the NBA).One of many of the problems that is prevalent with such a situation is that it creates more road blocks,in terms of intellectual advancement on an individual basis.What is constantly shown to us is that if you live comfortable financial life than you are set,which is false. You may be comfortable in terms of $$$ but what about everybody else?

Those are just a few things that seem to distract us from a certain natural way of growing as young people.What do you all think?

Too much Tumblring and Instagramming.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: