Black Spirituality Religion : What Spiritual Path Does Not Diminish Another Spiritual Path?

Without deep thought, i think i would say the same thing.

If i were a doctor, and a patient refused to follow my advice, i'd have to let them go.

I would not want to be held responsible for their ill health, death, etc., by keeping them with me.

I would not want them to be sagying, i'm being treated by "Dr. Destee" but doing nothing I say.

I would not want their declining health, that could be avoided, a reflection of my practice.

But it's a great question, and deserves more than surface thought.

Let me think on it some more ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Your point is well taken with respect to saying being treated by the Dr. But not doing a word I say. However, any reasonable minded person should conclude that if the Dr were incompetent he would have no patients and probably had lost his licence to practice

There're checks and balances in Ifa. For everything we do, Negating or enriching, Esu stands at the gate. This applies to aleyos (non-aborisa and aborisa alike. In hindsight it almost doesn't matter if anyone assigns blame to Ifa for its adherents who run awry. What you do comes back to you.

There're checks and balances in Ifa. For everything we do, Negating or enriching, Esu stands at the gate. This applies to aleyos (non-aborisa and aborisa alike. In hindsight it almost doesn't matter if anyone assigns blame to Ifa for its adherents who run awry. What you do comes back to you

Brother Sekhemu ... along the lines of your same analogy ... if someone wanted initiation / inclusion in your path, but would not do anything you told them was required of them ... what would you do? Would they get the same consideration / status as one that adheres to the requirements?

Destee

Brother Sekhemu ... along the lines of your same analogy ... if someone wanted initiation / inclusion in your path, but would not do anything you told them was required of them ... what would you do? Would they get the same consideration / status as one that adheres to the requirements?

Destee

I would leave them be, unless the Divinities or Orunmila instructed me to take action

Your point is well taken with respect to saying being treated by the Dr. But not doing a word I say. However, any reasonable minded person should conclude that if the Dr were incompetent he would have no patients and probably had lost his licence to practice

There're checks and balances in Ifa. For everything we do, Negating or enriching, Esu stands at the gate. This applies to aleyos (non-aborisa and aborisa alike. In hindsight it almost doesn't matter if anyone assigns blame to Ifa for its adherents who run awry. What you do comes back to you.

Destee

Sister Destee,

Many priest/esses would follow the instruction of the spirits and ancestors of their ile, societe, munaso or shrine. Of course, a screening is done to determine whether someone will be accepted into your house or not, but we do not always have the foreknowledge that those before us have. Thus consultation is primary.

Another thing is for Vodou, it is not a formalized system like say Catholicism with a pope and the like. Each house operates within its own according to reglamen. But as Bro. Sekhemu said we have a strong governing body in the orisa, lwa, vodu, nkisi, rabbs and what have you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back