Black Spirituality Religion : What Spiritual Path Does Not Diminish Another Spiritual Path?

peace

- If a 'spiritual' path diminishes another, then just how 'spiritual' can it be?

The problem is most take 'religions' and mistake them for 'spiritual path's. Religions are man-kind made and meant to take one OFF of the spiritual path and this is where the My path is better than your path set's in. The funny thing is even when some people 'religion hop' (patent on the way) they still say that the religion they just hopped over too is better than the one they just bungied from when before they used to say the direct opposite. Only 'man-kind' can cause such confusion!

Brother Info ... i've heard this argument, spiritual vs religion, but i see no great big difference.

Folk act as though theirs is "spiritual" while the next person's is "religious", and they attack from this perspective. It's still an attack, still an attempt to diminish the other person's relationship with the Creator. All of them, spiritual or religious, are virtually the same. The difference between the two words are often vague, like man made vs god made, with no easily definable delineations.

That just creates more room and reason to attack each other, and has been used for that purpose.

Yes, that's true too, folk change paths, and are as zealous about the latter, as they were the first.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

If adherents are doing what the path says don't do, doesn't that say something about the path?

What good is the path, if its own adherents won't follow it?

Destee

Vodou doesn't essentially tell you to do anything but honor your ancestors, the spirits, your family and community. Many Vodouisants practice other belief systems. It's okay in Vodou. You have Vodouisants who considered themselves Catholic. When one initiates into Vodou, one of the last official ritualized phases of the 3-day kanzo is to attend Mass. I have god-siblings that practice Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Ifa, Palo and others. I am a practitioner of more than Vodou. I practice above all things Blackbirdism.

Vodou doesn't essentially tell you to do anything but honor your ancestors, the spirits, your family and community.

Honoring one's community, is in line with honoring the choices made by those in the community.

Many Vodouisants practice other belief systems. It's okay in Vodou. You have Vodouisants who considered themselves Catholic. When one initiates into Vodou, one of the last official ritualized phases of the 3-day kanzo is to attend Mass. I have god-siblings that practice Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Ifa, Palo and others. I am a practitioner of more than Vodou. I practice above all things Blackbirdism.

I think it's great that Vodou embraces other paths. That's beautiful. I really didn't know that, and would not have guessed it, the way some have attacked other paths. That's amazing. That's great. Those that do not live it as you've described above, do it a great disservice, obviously acting outside of their own teachings. I'm sure more would gravitate toward Vodou, if they knew they could still love their Sisters and Brothers that embraced other paths, even embracing others themselves.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

Is there any spiritual path that does not diminish another spiritual path?

I'm of the opinion that they are all inherently dismissive of the other.

It's as if their success, all of them, are dependent on the divisive nature built within.

Setting their adherents against other adherents, and the adherents do the rest.

Surprisingly, one adherent will challenge other adherents, without naming their path.

It's as if they are afraid to name their own path, but are bold in attacking the next.

It's amazing to me, how we respond to each other, based on this very personal life choice.

It leaves me wondering, if there is even one path, that does not diminish another path.

A path that does not diminish the teachings and/or adherents of "competing" paths.

Do you know one? If so, please name it.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Ifa!

Vodou doesn't essentially tell you to do anything but honor your ancestors, the spirits, your family and community. Many Vodouisants practice other belief systems. It's okay in Vodou. You have Vodouisants who considered themselves Catholic. When one initiates into Vodou, one of the last official ritualized phases of the 3-day kanzo is to attend Mass. I have god-siblings that practice Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Ifa, Palo and others. I am a practitioner of more than Vodou. I practice above all things Blackbirdism.

Ase O.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back