Black People : What Some Bruthaz Wouldn't Do For A White Girl....

My generation (those born in the 70s on up) are further removed from the overt racism that our parents and especially our grandparents suffered. So, while some of us may have knowledge of the struggles of our ancestors, (slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights, etc.), we don't feel it our hearts as strongly because racism has changed its face in today's era. I think this is more of the problem then how one labels themselves or even how much history they know (because most blacks identify as black and know slavery existed). Many people think racism is dead, so they don't feel offended at foolish pranks such as this.

karmashines said:
My generation (those born in the 70s on up) are further removed from the overt racism that our parents and especially our grandparents suffered. So, while some of us may have knowledge of the struggles of our ancestors, (slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights, etc.), we don't feel it our hearts as strongly because racism has changed its face in today's era. I think this is more of the problem then how one labels themselves or even how much history they know (because most blacks identify as black and know slavery existed). Many people think racism is dead, so they don't feel offended at foolish pranks such as this.

I have nothing but respect for you...AND I don't want to start anything...but uhhh ruhhhh...that particular reason for why younger people don't feel racism exists as much as older people is a little disturbing. If younger people actually took a moment to think about things from the older people's perspective, then younger people would actually see that racism is still alive and kicking. Younger people do not need to have waterhoses turned on them or to see "black only" and "white only" signs all across the city or to have a White person call them a ****** to their faces to understand that racism still exists. They just need to know how White people are cheating them out of what they deserve while smiling in their faces like nothing is wrong.

The problem that we as a people are having is that we want to be accepted in a society that does not accept us....PERIOD. Sure, SOME White people do...but that SOME will not stand up for you when it is time to pay reparations or give some type of recompense for what is happening to us NOW...let alone what happened to our ancestors during slavery which also affects us NOW.

So, younger people should study their history and open their eyes to the ways of the world. We can no longer stay in this child-like state of oblivion as if we can walk around with a free heart and free spirit and BEHAVE as if no one will harm us. At some point, YOU must stand guard over your children and your people. Yes, I know it is not fair to ask this of you at a young age...but...given the times we are in...those who sleepwalk through life will get got.

And, btw, I was born in 1969.

Peace,

Fam

Monetary said:
I have nothing but respect for you...AND I don't want to start anything...but uhhh ruhhhh...that particular reason for why younger people don't feel racism exists as much as older people is a little disturbing. If younger people actually took a moment to think about things from the older people's perspective, then younger people would actually see that racism is still alive and kicking. Younger people do not need to have waterhoses turned on them or to see "black only" and "white only" signs all across the city or to have a White person call them a ****** to their faces to understand that racism still exists. They just need to know how White people are cheating them out of what they deserve while smiling in their faces like nothing is wrong.

The problem that we as a people are having is that we want to be accepted in a society that does not accept us....PERIOD. Sure, SOME White people do...but that SOME will not stand up for you when it is time to pay reparations or give some type of recompense for what is happening to us NOW...let alone what happened to our ancestors during slavery which also affects us NOW.

So, younger people should study their history and open their eyes to the ways of the world. We can no longer stay in this child-like state of oblivion as if we can walk around with a free heart and free spirit and BEHAVE as if no one will harm us. At some point, YOU must stand guard over your children and your people. Yes, I know it is not fair to ask this of you at a young age...but...given the times we are in...those who sleepwalk through life will get got. And, btw, I was born in 1969.

This is excellent brother Monetary, I could not have said any better myself!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back