Black Relationships : What should I do?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by carmel3lovin, Jan 19, 2005.

1. carmel3lovin

carmel3lovin Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres this boy at my school that i really like. I told my ex-friend that i had liked him and wanted to get to kno him and stuff like that. She said she was gonna talk to him for me. The next day I found out they were talkin. I went up to her and asked her about it and she admitted it. I was mad at her for a minute. Then the Bit*h started tellin ppl that i wanted to fight her over a boy, That sh*t really got me heated. I was gettin ready to fight her and my ppl's where there. She told the lady that i was tryna get ppl to jump her.

Should i fight her?
    Should i squash the whole thing?

Should I tell the boy how I feel?
    Should I forget about him and find me another boo?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Hello sister Carmel3lovin:

If no one else has done so, I welcome you to Destee.com. I would recommend that you leave this entire situation alone. What purpose would it serve to fight over a boy, who was never yours to begin with? Indeed is this young man so special that you would want to get into trouble for him? Take this as a lesson learned, you should never send someone else to talk to a person for you. I've heard of many cases like yours, and in every one the "friend" ends up stealing the boy/girl that they were supposed to be getting for someone else!

I would guess by your question here and on the open forum (do all men cheat), that you are still in high school. That being the case, there will be plenty of men who you will encounter in life. All of them will be lessons for you to determine exactly the type of man you eventually want to be with. If you want to be successful I have 3 words of advice for you: (Be) patient, observant, and careful! This advice can be applied in your current situation, if you are observant then you've noticed the character of both your "friend" and this boy you liked. Your next step is to be careful of future involvement with the two of them. However if you are patient, then someone better will come along!

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hi Carmel

I believe Pan has answered all your questions with the best course of action and then some. If you follow his advice you can't go wrong. Hey Pan go lookin' out for our little sisters.

Peace

Radical Faith

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I second that and say brother PAN has given you sound advice with wisdom
    indeed let it go all together move on most of all keep your eyez on the real prize
    that's higher Ed-u-ca-tion you have more then enough time to seek the true man
    for you and know thy friends are not always best of friends in life .
    Good luck lil sis......

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    recently, one boy shot and killed another boy over a girl.
    now one is dead, one is in jail and the girl is still walking around talking to someone new.
    these boys lives are ruined over foolishness.
    don't even go there.

here's all you need to know about males: there will always be another one coming.

as young as you are you need to stop worrying about boys and start worrying about school.

are you on the Dean's list?

6. miss-no-love

miss-no-love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    what up gurl. I think that you should leave this problem alone it's not worth it and I think you should find somebody else. It's plenty of boys out there. I think you and your ex-bestfriend should talk this thing out. I don't know who approach who but I think your friend was wrong for talking to the boy you like but like I said it's not worth fighting over