Black People : What Shall The Black Agenda Be in 2012?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Apr 5, 2011.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Holla holla...

:SuN044:

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    1. Protection

A.with the firm knowledge that both parties have an agenda since 1999 to empoverish the American public,
    and destroy public services;
    1 public schools
    2 public housing
    3 civil service jobs
    4 libraries
    5 City Colleges
    6 Job Training
    7 Day Care
    8 Medicaid and Medicare

we have to have a desire to work unilateraly and collectivly to form a safety net or many will suffer from the ending of theses services

2. Movements towards some form of self sufficiency

Small efforts towards self sufficiency, communiy gardening, via block associations collectivly purchasing small arable plots, and abadoned urban spaces,

a collective endeavor to create our own monoplies of a socialitic nature for instance a Black owned communications service, or gas or electric utility
    that could be run and managed by a rotating qourum, and all profits returned to the community

a collective endeavor to, as Malcolm advised in 64,
    create several multi billion dollar lobbying groups for our interests so that we too can start to buy politicians

3.Modalities of interactive economics, incomes and expenditures.

Food co-ops
    credit unions, making all our accounts black naks, and banks that we have examined for integrity

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    There will not be a collective "Black Agenda" next year, or any year for that matter as long as black people remain voters and supporters overwhelmingly for democratic party candidates.

If and when Obama begins his campaign for a second term that becomes the "black agenda" and thats about as far as we will get.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Schopenhauer said, "the pessimist desires others to see the world,
    by virtue of his own narrow view and doubts."

The only thing that stops Black folks from unifying are men who do not have the courage to sit in a room together, forget their differences and plan something positive for the community

why are so many brother ducking out going to the blk association meeting but the sisters are there working and making demands and changes?

why are so many brothers ducking out form going to the community board meetings? but always come up with some lame excuse?

If no black person voted at all as a form of protests we still will need a safety net for the

Malthusian cuts that will definatly occur

Here in Brooklyn we have had enough grassroots activists over a period of 40 years that we have Democrat party elected officals who had been nurtured by them and maintain a focus on being a servant to the community rather then the community serving them!

In 2012 there will be a GOP president and we sit around and pretend as though one has to be a prophet or a fortune teller

to predict what will happen to the Black community?
    economicly? and the amount of real disenfrachisement thatb will occur in every state?

Like Adam Clayton Powell Jr said, "what's in your hand?"

the social networks are there, and each of the 25 million with a cell phone has access to them,
    , the point is will we utilize them as the Arabs did in Kemet to effect some form of progress and change?

5. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Great question, Chuck

Agenda?

We cant even find consensus on what that would be. Religious differences, skin tone/class warfare between us....I dunno. We are not a monolithic group, with all our interests perfectly aligned. It's always best to move as a unit, but Im starting to find that increasingly impossible. I think we sometimes have to go beyond agendas, waiting on discussions and collectives, and just do something. But I will not lose hope. We have so many concerns that sometimes we battle each other over them.

My agenda remains the same. To be pro-active in my community, my state...Helping those who suffer, try to educate and most important...listening. Understanding that we are not all on the same level of consciousness. We cannot instantly tear down all the walls, the ills, trauma and disappointments heaped on us by viciously tearing each other down. Nor is it done overnight, or in 2 election cycles.

Compassion, integrity and the ability to sometimes over look the slights, stabs and attack points of others, in the real world...I would think that would be productive. Cause we know we are gonna have detractors...

Ankhur makes many good points in his post. ACPowell Jr. said it best..."Whats in your hand?"

Looking inward, all those changes have to begin with me. Within me, hopefully spreading outward.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The last part of your statement is very profound as it reflects the thinking behind my earlier post.

Some may view my response as pessimism and I dont really care about that perception since admittedly no longer look to political "solutions" to effect change in the overal HUMAN condition.

Folks talk about "Kemet" but fail to realize that far greater than the political reality, the Medu Neter is/was a system of SELF-Initiated PERSONAL/HUMAN growth and development.

Not all solutions are political. Politics is an extention of CULTURE and CULTURE is a reflection of the overall HUMAN condition. This is why ancient African societies were driven by spiritual and cultural leaders and Elders of the community, not political ideologues.

When will we learn politics is NOT the answer to our myriad of problems and begin to look within?

Peace

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    what differences in what ever, do you see in the Black folks of all economic classes that will catch major hell from the
    new corporate jim Crow, that is downsizing it's white collar and professional staff
    and the cut from city tate and federal government?

When you get on a crowded train in NYC, like the A train or the 2 train during the rush hour

do you see different groups?
    Carribbeans
    African Americnas
    African immigrants
    Christians,
    muslims
    Rastafarians
    light skin dark skin?

Or do you see a train full of black folks who will face hell as the economy takes a nose dive and the GOP brings about a very real and tangible fascism in this nation?

All due respect brother there have been small groups of people

doing "I will do what ever I can, here"

since reconstruction however , not only has our situation gotten worse,
    exponentialy;
    {harm to the family unit
    teen respect,
    loss of love for learning in children
    working harder for less pay for dollars that buy less
    rampant regentrification}

Now no one is saying do not continue to do, ut what is being said is that it would be a good idea to see what small efforts ne can do for the national and even the global level
    As I mentioned in another group, even praying for something better in Africa is helpful

The imperative is there becuase the attacks on us have returned, with a vengeance and they are attacking what they see as a monolith

People with Brown and Tan skin whose ancestors come from Africa and who they feel superior to and competing with,

so with all due respect, a real objective methodology
    and stragey is needed.

At this late date in our history

and with the attacks on us, how do we still fear that term monolith?

Since we are under the steady and focused attack by one?

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    everything is controlled by the illuminati. we are all puppets of one sort or another. there is no hope. there is no need for an agenda.

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    :getout::poop:

:explode:

you have a right to your oinion brother but folks told Harriett Tubman the exact same thing hundreds of years ago

and since there are language rules here I cannot quote what folks would assume here response would have been:SuN041::bye::bye::bye::bye:

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    make up your mind do the illuminati control or not?