Black People : What Shall Do To Bring About Unity?

if you move away from these basic things you're probably going to lose unity quickly. You have black atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Christians, Mormons, Catholics, Hebrew Israelites, Secularists, nationalists, Pan Afrikanists, Rastafarians, Pastafarians, Libertarians, Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Greens, and those who don't care one way or another. So, if the organizations drift towards a particular ideology and ceases to focus on those basic things I don't see any real organization happening.

With the exception of "nationalists" who do NOT require a black person follow a particular religion or any religion at all, I agree. But then that IS the Black Nationalist's philosophy you just wrote. :)

Unity in terms of African American history; comes from, as evidence is given in the historical record; " Pradigms created by young people"

1 Garvey was a young man, with little money yet created with the help of many during the Harlem Renaissance a paradigm of Black first consciousness, that spread to four continents, without television, radio, motion picture, satelite, cable, computers or internet

2 The Civil Rights Movement created unity from young people influenced by the liberations in Africa and Black union activity here

3 The Black Power movement was created by young people and vibrated all over the planet, as well as the Afrocentric Movement, and its offshoot the Black is beautiful paradigm; also going global;
http://eldhughes.com/2012/03/01/bla...nt-that-went-viral-before-digital-technology/

Now before one can adress how unity can be brought about, do understand that at no time in the 150 years since the Emancipation Proclaimation, was there ever a skillfully crafted Psyops, or Mind Control to hamper or prevent unity
or to prevent the youth from creating movements that would go viral,
as there was in the late 80s
http://destee.com/index.php?threads...we-controled-the-paradigm-of-our-youth.69783/

So lets be clear, the path to Black unity is not some clear cut easy or simple endeavor

Each period of Black history Black unity was fostered by paradigms or Movements created by the Youth, and in 100 years of African in America history this has been the only generation, inspite of its communication technological superiority to those in the past,

Most people don't realize it, but Dr. King was only 25 years old when he started the Montgomery Bus strike.

Chuck:

I admit not always having the same rapport with today's youth,
i. e., which past generations had or have with me and my own, but also let us admit some who have chosen the 'street life' path are very much a part of the issues/problems/etc.

Otherwise on point and on time post...

FYI

Chuck:

If even I had limited options etc., most would probably appreciate you running down what those young activists in training are a part of, whereas this is the first time I even came across a link to them!

FYI...

Most people don't realize it, but Dr. King was only 25 years old when he started the Montgomery Bus strike.

As I recall, elder black ministers asked him to lead the boycott, i. e., since being young(er) most hoped and prayed he wouldn't just back down to personal pressure etc.

The boycott was his test of fire:

Such was (once) the traditional means/ways/etc. our elders etc. elevated younger folks into leadrship positions etc.

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back