Black People : What Shall Do To Bring About Unity?

For me its to the point to where we know whats needed ...so long story short we have many many solutions yet faith without works, bringing it into existence where we can actually touch, feel, smell etc.... is dead talk. Our closet so to speak just needs a good organizing,...then I would think we will be straight.

Exactly Josef, I caught your point right off the top, talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words, etc... Better still, Just Do It.

We touch and agree, wholeheartedly, my brother friend.

If you get into my words back to her, you'll see that I embraced her proposal because she hit on all the points we've adopted in GroupThink.

Yes, but you named a different poster when linking me to her post. Do you see your post/reply to me about my statement of Unity?
Anyway, its a mute point. I just.wanted.you to know that it was Fieldpea. Everything else was on point, but the name you gave the credit too. When I got to the post, I was glad to see it was Fieldpea.

Yes, but you named a different poster when linking me to her post. Do you see your post/reply to me about my statement of Unity?
Anyway, its a mute point. I just.wanted.you to know that it was Fieldpea. Everything else was on point, but the name you gave the credit too. When I got to the post, I was glad to see it was Fieldpea.

Sorry for the confusion, but it was sister Fieldpea all along, glad you liked it.

It seems to me that many of our youth are out in the streets protesting every day and getting results. Movements do exist regardless of whether or not the corporate media covers it.

https://www.facebook.com/DreamDefenders
http://dreamdefenders.org/

Though I wonder if, in the spirit of "unity", we could cease in the denigration of our youth. Many of our youth are out making a difference with, might I add, less resources than they had "back in the day".

Chuck:

I admit not always having the same rapport with today's youth,
i. e., which past generations had or have with me and my own, but also let us admit some who have chosen the 'street life' path are very much a part of the issues/problems/etc.

Otherwise on point and on time post...

FYI

Chuck:

I admit not always having the same rapport with today's youth,
i. e., which past generations had or have with me and my own, but also let us admit some who have chosen the 'street life' path are very much a part of the issues/problems/etc.

Otherwise on point and on time post...

FYI

Point taken. I see things differently. I don't think people "choose" the street life just as they don't "choose" which religion they're brought up to believe. I lived in the inner city, I know many people like me who are from there. Many people never get the chance to venture outside of their own community and travel, therefore they are not cultured and may be oblivious to other ways of being. Things learned during childhood are difficult to unlearn. Though we all have choices, I don't completely blame them for their situation. After all, it's the parents responsibility to remove them from that harmful situation, and some eventually do.

Now, people can choose to leave the street life if they have the opportunity, and many people take advantage of that opportunity, but it appears as if this society is TRYING to make it as difficult as possible for them to do so. It's more difficult to find employment if you have a "black" sounding name. It's nearly impossible to find employment if you've been incarcerated, which is more likely if you're black, even for the most petty drug "crimes".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back