Black People : What Shall Do To Bring About Unity?

Chuck?

james kinda just stated what I recently related to you...though I said it a bit differently (in general)...lol.

In general, our lives are so very different than they were even 30 to 40 years ago (recent crucible of history *as a people*), that (I think) the day has come where (maybe) we need to find (again) the ways that we can agree and also, we need to find the ways that we can actually *respectfully disagree*.

To succeed at this kind of thing, there's very little that we should take for granted as we, as a collective (a presumption) have become so different--sometimes even *vastly different* based on the 'basic shape' of our day-to-day lives. I say this, mindful of how it used to be, historically.

Even our dreams for ourselves and our people have changed so...well, so too has our ideas about how to create/be a part of what brings/sparks such dreams to bloom into reality.

Q: How to mesh our ambitions together into some kind of stable, coherent whole if we struggle to leave each other standing 'in trust and respect' after disagreeing? Just disagreeing???

All too often, WITH WORDS ALONE, we go to gunning one for another. Us older ones. It reminds me of what we older people complain about in terms of our own young and their options when they go to bumping heads--we proudly proclaim that we *used our fists* to resolve problems while nowadays, *they* reach for their strap! Well, *with words* used in disagreement, haven't WE been *going for our straps*? Yes. Rarely and sometimes and often and all the time, too (depending on who's involved or what is being discussed).

First, PLEASE don't hold all of this stuff I'm thinking to write against me--just pretend that I'm doing a *web* like what speakers use to gather together thoughts/ideas, OK? Nothing more than a web, and I'm OPEN to these ideas being refined or discarded. Here goes:

To bring about UNITY?
  • We need to agree on what it is that we need.
  • We need to *agree* to TRUST.
  • We need to identify what it is that the *majority of us* VALUES, so that we can plan to make sure that *that value* is interwoven into all of our efforts to get what we need.
  • We need to know if we can plot a course that gets us what we need (plans and sub-plans).
  • We need to harness what we can of the resources that we presently control in order to get what we need.
  • We need to prepare to face *counter-attack* against our drive to get what we need.
  • We need to expect (and overcome) betrayers (advertent and in-advertent).
  • We need to expect (and overcome) loss of life.
  • We need to expect (and overcome) loss of property.
  • We need to expect (and overcome) a media *assault* and attempts via the media to 're-shape' publicly a message that says something *other* than what our defined needs (goals) are.

I can come up with more stuff, but basically, we need to re-learn to agree on something without trying to tear our own heads off, first, or UNITY ain't gonna happen over anything positive.

Fun and games needs to be over.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back