Black Spirituality Religion : What separates the Abrahamic traditions from other African traditions?

If the Abrahamic traditions are essentially African, what philosophical, cultural and/or cosmological peculiarities, separates them from other African traditions?

What brought about those changes? Any cultural or environmental changes can be seen as contributing factors?

Tuhwi

I curious about your question. I've read in the Bible about a conflict over Pharisaic Jews and their traditions that they were confronted about by Jesus.

Can you give an example of an Abrahamitic tradition? an African tradition that might correlate to Abrahamitic people?

Thanks.

I curious about your question. I've read in the Bible about a conflict over Pharisaic Jews and their traditions that they were confronted about by Jesus.

Can you give an example of an Abrahamitic tradition? an African tradition that might correlate to Abrahamitic people?

Thanks.

Peace.

My apologies. Let me clarify. What I mean is Abrahamic religions, such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

We presuppose that these beliefs were started and maintained by African people so based on this presumption they are African traditions. We engage in discussions about their Africanity so what I wonder is how they differ from other African beliefs?

Tuhwi

In afrikan traditions we find priestess are as revered as the priest.

We also find deities personified as women in some afrikan traditions.

There is also a great reverence for nature and ancestors, not just in a literal but a spiritual point of view.

True dat. The reverence held for women, nature and ancestors in many African traditions can not be understated.

Are you saying reverence for these things can not be found in Abrahamic traditions?

Do you think this is equally a cultural phenomenom as a theological/cosmological one?

Tuhwi

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back