Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures in the Old Testament support the belief that women are more emotional than men and m

awaken1611

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 1, 2018
it is often believed by many that women base their decisions primarily using emotions rather than logic which is the opposite of men who use logic to make decisions.many people i have spoken are critical about women's emotions and believe they get in the way of making rational decisions.i am interested to know if there's any information in the old testament to support this belief.i myself am interested in the opinions of others and i have not created this post to bash women but to see if people agree or disagree and if they can prove their points by using the old testament

I think an example of this is when Leah, Rachel's sister concieved children to Jacob instead of Rachel. Rachel became envied of her sister so she told her husband Jacob to give her children or else she will die. It must have been an emotional experience for her.

Here is the verses:

-And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.

-And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
Genesis 30:1‭-‬2 KJV

Jacob seem to answer with logic and not through his emotions. Eventually out of her emotions Rachel told her husband to go into her maid Bilhah {to have sex with} so that she, Rachel, can have children by her. The maid bare children to Jacob also. Leah became jealous so she too gave her maid to Jacob and the maid bare also.

This may have been God's plan but even so both Rachel and Leah decisons to give their maids to Jacob to bare children through was not base on logic. All emotional. If they were to think they would know that you cannot have a child through some other women the natural way. I assume Jacob told Rachel that she cannot have children through her maid but because she was hurt, emotional, distress and angry Jacob just hearken to his wife and went into Bilhah. The same with Leah's wife.

I hope this example give you some insight.

I think an example of this is when Leah, Rachel's sister concieved children to Jacob instead of Rachel. Rachel became envied of her sister so she told her husband Jacob to give her children or else she will die. It must have been an emotional experience for her.

Here is the verses:

-And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.

-And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
Genesis 30:1‭-‬2 KJV

Jacob seem to answer with logic and not through his emotions. Eventually out of her emotions Rachel told her husband to go into her maid Bilhah {to have sex with} so that she, Rachel, can have children by her. The maid bare children to Jacob also. Leah became jealous so she too gave her maid to Jacob and the maid bare also.

This may have been God's plan but even so both Rachel and Leah decisons to give their maids to Jacob to bare children through was not base on logic. All emotional. If they were to think they would know that you cannot have a child through some other women the natural way. I assume Jacob told Rachel that she cannot have children through her maid but because she was hurt, emotional, distress and angry Jacob just hearken to his wife and went into Bilhah. The same with Leah's wife.

I hope this example give you some insight.
thank you

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back