Black Spirituality Religion : What role does religion play in society today?

blazejay

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 14, 2012
I have a question about religion.
How religion cause more wars and was use to justify slavery, would people be wrong in not following religion or it practices?
Religion has cause more division than unity in our community ,does it have any importance in society today?
I am curious because a lot of things I see coming from the church is not even right.

I think when it come to religion belief or faith it's ones choice they choose to live by
in today society yes religion becomes a factor in daily living for many who follow it.

What one see another may not but no-one is wrong for not following or accepting
that belief, I really don't go deep into it because i can't speak for no one but myself
I can't say what faith / belief / religion is right or wrong for a person health of living
but i do say it's by the choice one wish to choose to follow or live by.

while i agree it do bring a huge division between unity but i also feel it's a mental
thing that allows such to take place when we all can learn who we are , why we here
and where we going as a person and then as a whole we will find some united unity

People seem to be hardwired to seek some form of religious expression. Even atheists religiously defend their faith in the nonexistence of God. This would be a good thing except for the fact that the temples of men are run by wolves in sheeps clothing who "desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers".

The gospels indicate that most of the problems Jesus ran into were from people who religiously went to church/temple regularly. By contrast, devils like Hitler and George W. Bush receive great praise from the aforementioned wolves:

Hitlerspope.jpg
NYSU006

309413.jpg

And, of course, we all know how President George W. Bush considered his "war president" policies to be the Will of God.

Dare I mention Elijah Muhammed's well-known sexual predation? Nope, not going to go there. I will get into less trouble by pointing to Bishop Eddie Long's lust for young boys, or the same problem demonstrated by the growing list of catholic priests whose victims have grown up and are now insisting their accusations be taken seriously by Rome's formerly Hitler Youth Pope ...

My point. Religion is not, in and of itself, a problem. It has the potential to play a positive role in any society. The red words in the four gospels of the bible are rich with Truth which could liberate societies from the wickedness which plagues them now.

But, no, that doesn't happen because men seek the praise of the aforementioned wolves in sheep's clothing instead of seeking the Kingdom of God.

How religion cause more wars and was use to justify slavery, would people be wrong in not following religion or it practices?
Religion has cause more division than unity in our community ,does it have any importance in society today?
I am curious because a lot of things I see coming from the church is not even right.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Assuming you are black and speak directly from that experience blazejay, here's a good link to information on the Black Church:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/why-so-many-divisions-in-christianity.57300/page-5#post-737408

Peace In,

Here a point though:

You're not to follow religion in true faith, but to follow and believe in the Holy Son, and in doing so gain faith and religion. To not believe because many have tried to use the faith and man controlled religion to justify their own deeds is definitely wrong. Now it would seem one does this simply to spite another.

There is indeed division, but that's to be expected with this entire world, not just the black community. It has importance to whomever sees the great benefit it has for men and women. I don't mean how men profit in carnal things from man controlled religion, but how people profit in the spiritual and holy by religion they have of the Father with faith to the Holy Son.

Just because you see wrong things of many churches does not mean that's how it's supposed to be. Things weren't this way at the beginning, but grew worse as the age has gone on and sin has grown.

However, faith endures in the Anointed Son of all who are called and chosen of the Father on High. That's what one should seek to be apart of always.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back