Black Spirituality Religion : What Religion do you adhere to?

What Religion (if any) do you adhere to?

• Non-religious but spiritual and personalized.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • None or atheist

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Christian Denomination

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Muslim/Islam

• African Traditional (Anime, Voodoo, Lucemi, Santeria, Kemet, Metu Neter, etc)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pagan/Wiccan

• Eastern (Buddhist, Taoist, etc)

• Traditional Native American

• Satanism

• Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
First off, this is great stuff people are taking the time to write about. I personally love to hear or read what people actually think or feel about their personal believes. I think it’s wonderful that people are not attacking each other’s believes or systems. I grew up with a split religious believe system. My father comes from a what I will call an odd Santeria House, and my mother from a Catholic/Santeria Family. Probably because of this, I have always been interested in knowing about other religions and spiritual believe systems.

From my conversation with a great many people, in many parts of the world (23 counties) in countless different cultures. People believe in some thing that is responsible for the Earth, the universe and the welfare of us humans in particular. Now the What?, The how? and the Why? Is of course the difference and what may cause conflict. The adherence to one particular God by some religious groups, and their intolerance of other believe system is what has help create hostile aggression among us.

I can’t profess to know exactly what the creator is, why or how she created the universe and every thing with in it. But I do think there is some thing greater then the sum total of the universe. The great spirit, if you will, "She who was born before time". The force which created every thing and is every thing. Permeates all.

I am a member of an off shoot of Puerto Rican Santeria (remains nameless). A manifestation of the African Diaspora’s spiritual believes. All in all, We have been blessed to experience the life’s we have, and all that has touched us.

AXE!

I voted none or atheist. The main reason I made up to the poll was to see if there were more atheist on here. I thought I was the only one.

I think a lot of thinking and honest Africans reject what has been forced down our throats as wsetern religions, especially Christianity. I could never fully accept the non-sense that western Christians preach. So, I spent most of my life not adhering to any religion at all. However, once I developed a correct understanding of Islam, I became a Muslims and now I consider myself to be very religious.

I am just saying this so you all will know that life is a process. I cannot and do not endorse what the west pushes as religion. So, I fully undersatnd and respect those who reject western religion. But, at the same time, I urge you to seriously study religion in general. You may surprise yourselves once you come to have a better understanding of what is being done to us in terms of religion and the correct role of religion in society and culture. I sure learned a lot and I am a much better person for having done so.

One last point: I will also concede that Islam as presented in the west is often nearly as corrupted as Christianity. In my own personal case, I had to learn the correct Islam from non-Americans. The first to teach me the correct understanding of Islam was a white Christian lady from Europe. Then I learned a great deal from Asian and African immigrants. I say this because I know that in order for honest thinking intelligent people to learn Islam, they must do so from a scientific and scholarly perspective. You may wish to start by studying Arabic. That is what I did. Afterall, the ONLY way to get a correct interpretation of Quran is to do so in Arabic.

Check the poll. Add comments as you wish.

I didn't check the poll because I don't come of a "Christian Denomination" as many do claim. I simply come with faith and religion as taught and given by the Holy Son. I cling to the teachings of the Holy Son for salvation; I cling to the Holy Son to be near to He and the Father, as He is.

I use to think titles were necessary, but I learned, they really aren't that necessary; what you do is what counts as those are your works to be judged, not what you are labelled or have labelled yourself.

:em3900:

In the Name of Allah, Our Saviour, Who came in the Person of
Master Fard Muhammad

the SUPREME BEING of the Universe to Whom Holy Praises Are Due Forever

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Salaam Alaikum to my beautiful Black family throughout the hells of white devil America. My prayer is that our Saviour Allah bless each of you and your families with Divine protection and guidance throughout the day. We need Him more than ever today for we are in the belly of a blue-eyed beast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Salaam Alaikum to all!

To answer the question of this thread: I am a student of the Supreme Wisdom teachings of the NEW Islam; a beautiful, new, nation-building system of Divine civilization given to us, the descendants of American chattel slavery from our Saviour Allah and His Divine Messenger Elijah Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Salaam!

Remember folks, SEPARATION from the white devil system is the only solution.

The Restrictive Law as taught by the Messenger is our success! And, as long as we are living strictly in accordance with his teachings, we, the Black Nation, will be successful.

As Salaam Alaikum to the TRUE believers in Allah's Holy Messenger Elijah Muhammad (PBUH). It is always an honor to interact with you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back