Black Spirituality Religion : What Religion do you adhere to?

What Religion (if any) do you adhere to?

• Non-religious but spiritual and personalized.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • None or atheist

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Christian Denomination

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Muslim/Islam

• African Traditional (Anime, Voodoo, Lucemi, Santeria, Kemet, Metu Neter, etc)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pagan/Wiccan

• Eastern (Buddhist, Taoist, etc)

• Traditional Native American

• Satanism

• Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Well would you look at that! Two people voted 'none or atheist', apparently we still got some determined white folks on here! :D :D :D

One,

- Ikoro
Being a non-theist makes a person white?

I voted none or atheist. The main reason I made up to the poll was to see if there were more atheist on here. I thought I was the only one.

I do wonder who the other atheist (or 'none') are. Either they don't post much (if at all) or they never felt the want to posts in a thread that would call attention their non-beliefs.

I could have picked 'non religious but spiritual and personalized.' I'm an eclectic atheist, and from the atheist I've conversed with, we don't exactly believe in the same thing either. They believe in 'nothing' while I learn toward a spiritual belief in metaphysics or mystical occult. I'm attracted to earth-based religions like Wicca or traditional Afrikan and Native American religions that respect and revere our natural humanly nature (as oppose to seeing it as naturally sinful and wicked) and the ancestors. I like that they try to work in harmony with nature and work with nature through some methods of the occult (meaning - 'knowledge that is not known, present, or understood in the traditional sense').

Some atheist or pagans want to claim me as agnostic (meaning I'm not sure whether or not god exist), but I know I'm not agnostic. I claim atheist because I don't believe in any religion, their holy book, or their version of god. Of that I am sure of. I eschew religious linear hierarchy and prefer to think that everything and everyone is intertwined and circular. 'God' is not above me but around me, inside me, about me; and evry where and everything that I see and lay hands upon is 'god.' I am god/goddess and god/goddess is me and I am the highest order for setting the moral and ethical standards for myself, not someone else or some other entity.

I'm atheist, but don't mind the label of pagan or heathen also.
I have a special affinity for the term 'heathen' :wink:

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

I voted none or atheist. The main reason I made up to the poll was to see if there were more atheist on here. I thought I was the only one.

I do wonder who the other atheist (or 'none') are. Either they don't post much (if at all) or they never felt the want to posts in a thread that would call attention their non-beliefs.

I could have picked 'non religious but spiritual and personalized.' I'm an eclectic atheist, and from the atheist I've conversed with, we don't exactly believe in the same thing either. They believe in 'nothing' while I learn toward a spiritual belief in metaphysics or mystical occult. I'm attracted to earth-based religions like Wicca or traditional Afrikan and Native American religions that respect and revere our natural humanly nature (as oppose to seeing it as naturally sinful and wicked) and the ancestors. I like that they try to work in harmony with nature and work with nature through some methods of the occult (meaning - 'knowledge that is not known, present, or understood in the traditional sense').

Some atheist or pagans want to claim me as agnostic (meaning I'm not sure whether or not god exist), but I know I'm not agnostic. I claim atheist because I don't believe in any religion, their holy book, or their version of god. Of that I am sure of. I eschew religious linear hierarchy and prefer to think that everything and everyone is intertwined and circular. 'God' is not above me but around me, inside me, about me; and evry where and everything that I see and lay hands upon is 'god.' I am god/goddess and god/goddess is me and I am the highest order for setting the moral and ethical standards for myself, not someone else or some other entity.

I'm atheist, but don't mind the label of pagan or heathen also.
I have a special affinity for the term 'heathen' :wink:

Hello my sister friend medusanegrita,

A true Sagittarian indeed; thanks again for the friendship...also here is just a little food for thought........................atheist is also a theist..............Peace In.

A true atheist has no believe in god whatsoever. Like Clyde said.... a theist may not subscribe to any known religious belief but indeed does believe or has some concept of god. That sounds like you, MedusaNegrita. I'm not an atheist. I'm one step above it..... I'm agnostic. If one asks what religion I follow.... mine is by any and all means deemed necessary to satisfy.

Check the poll. Add comments as you wish.

Non-religious but deeply "spiritual".

Baptised Catholic, raised in NOI while attending a Baptist elementary school i got early doses of christian and islamic indoctrination and later returned to the 'church' basically to fellowship within extended family network.

At one point i even took evangelism classes but got tired of religious hypocrites with petty agendas mired in church politics.

After studying Medu Neter a few years ago i came to realization that religion is an institution but true 'spirituality' is a process of self-enlightenment and self-initiation so i found no need for priest, pastor, iman, or any other type of intercessor. If i had my own space i probably would be involved in a ATR system but only after doing dna testing to confirm exact location of dominant DNA strand and ancestral place of origin.

None is my classification, although I do not classify myself as Atheist seeing that Atheism tends to lead itself to preaching in its own right.

I am not all that spiritual, however I cannot say there is not an entity, group, "spirit", or whatever that lent its knowledge to the fold to create humankind as the sole creation that is above all and that is the sole focus of their attention. The more I think of things (and this is my opinion of course) I tend to believe that if there is an entity or entities that had a hand in this is not that concerned with a King James version of the Bible or any human writ prophesy. Although there could be multiple "tellings" for multiple "Life Forces" out there that all "Life Forces" abide by.

I guess I agree with Eddie Griffin (for those that had seen the Voodoo Child stand-up) and think that we cannot be the only ones in this universe and "god" created this planet for us and added the other stars and systems for our personal viewing pleasure.

Not to say none of any scriptures of Revelations (the Bible) will not happen or is not absolute fact, but I do not allow myself to be swayed by "told" events that can be applied during any time-frame and era. I also am not here to try to change anyone's mind and say my thinking is correct, if you believe then you do, no skin off my back and in no way does it change how I deal with anyone, period.

I was brought up in an Apostolic church environment growing up if anyone has questions on my background on faith.

In all actuality what I am saying is no one really knows until their time on this Earth is up.

I have more to this I could add, but will not get into it much further since I had already eluded to this being my opinion and anything else is not concrete fact. I will, however, converse with whomever on why I believe the way I do in a civilized manner if the interest piques anyone.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back