Black Weight Loss : What Really Makes You Fat

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 28, 2010.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    What Really Makes You Fat?​

Simply not having enough awareness about eating could be the culprit. A recent study designed to examine the attitudes of middle aged American women toward food, found that those who tended to eat impulsively or who were described as "guilt-ridden dieters" were the most obese among a group of 200 women who participated in the study. Those who weighed least were women who were concerned about nutrition and were determined to eat well and those who were creative cooks focused on healthy food for their families. In the middle was a group of women who led busy lives and were preoccupied with responsibilities and activities other than food, and therefore tended to avoid cooking. The average age of the women in the study was 46. This was a well-educated group - two-thirds of the participants had four-year college degrees. The researchers compared the groups of women by percentage of body fat, waist size and body mass index.

The study was published in the December 2009 issue of Health Education & Behavior.

2. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    IMO

being lazy (for some), your job can make you gain weight, diet and family genetics.

But mostly i think it's genes, diet, and environment.

3. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    stress, depression, not being mindful of how, and what we eat play key roles ...I believe. Women who I know that are overweight from what I can tell, seem to be emotional eaters,...& to an extent hoarders also, & I' like to know if there is a connection to OCD..

4. middleTrat

middleTrat Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Everything from too much food to bad sleep patterns to not getting enough excersize makes you fatter.

I lose weight when I really dedicate myself to it and only then.

But its hard

5. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +339
    You mean other than sitting in front of a computer for large spans of time typing away on message boards? Hmmm......:qqb010:

6. Bothom

Bothom New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion the most common reason of fatness is night eating habit.
    Most of people use to eat at night and without any physical activity they go to bed.