Black Spirituality Religion : Have You Ever Wondered, "What Really Happens After Death?"

If you don't use scripture, then what do you use? I use scripture.

I do not speak for scripture, scripture speaks to us all, and we take from it our own interpretations.
There are many sources of information and yes I hold scripture in high regard, but not as the sole and exclusive source of Spiritual information.

The spirit that is sinless gives life. If the spirit is dead because of sin, then the body will also die. Adam was suppose to live forever, but sin cut his life short.

How do you know Adam was suppose to live forever?

No, a gift can be given with expectations. God made a promise and that promise was a free gift to man for his salvation. It didn't cost man anything. We usually receive a gift for work we have done. This gift didn't require anything but only for man to believe by his faith.

If there is a requirement in exchange for the gift it is not a gift.
When you work and is compensated for that work...it is not a gift
Chances are had you not done the work you, you would not receive that gift.
Transactions coming in many forms...Incentives, Raises, Promotions, Bonuses and Guarantees (promises) etc

Ephesians 2: 8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast"

Acts 13: 32-33, "We tell you the good news: What God promised our fathers he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus..."

What you see in these verses, maybe different from what I see....it is against boasting about your deeds as a show of faith - as in philanthropy, or loudly praying and preaching so as to impress. It cannot be a condemnation of doing any good deed in any way.

Whose faith?.....having faith is the requirement
Faith is a form of Spiritual work not easily seen by others
Yet another scripture says
James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Yes, the may be two sides of the same continuum but one gives life to the other in order that both may live as one.

Sin sin is disobedience to or rebelling against God.

1st. John 3: 4-5, Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he (Jesus) appeared so that he might take away our sins."

And we all can be just like Jesus spiritually (focus) beings...in the spirit.

God created Satan in which sin would originate.

Isaiah 14: 12-15, How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

Sin is disobedience to God but yet and I quote you he created a being that He knew would would disobey and rebel against Him...
"God created Satan a being (angel) whom he knew was going to be the opposite of Him spiritually"
It then appears God created Satan for this purpose hence it is not a act of disobedience or rebellion.

If Satan was working for or with God, then Satan could be redeemed or forgiven. There is no redemption or forgiveness for Satan or his angels. Satan is working for Satan.

Not according to your own statements

Ezekiel 28: 14-17, You were appointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created until wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade, you were filled with violence and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of you splendor. So I threw you to earth...

Matthew 12: 31, And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

We see the same scriptures differently....which sin is unforgivable?

Ok, one more time. Hebrews 11: 3, By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Yes....Faith is not visible but the works that faith accomplish is often visible

No, it is called justice.

For me its not just Justice....its Karma what goes around comes around.

No way. In the first place our body is not the living being that we are. The scriptures say, "The body without the spirit is dead." That is because we are spirit people first and then God sends us to families and bodies. To back that up in Genesis 2: 4-5 "God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew; further down God places us spirits within our bodies as was the example of Adam and Eve.

To add to that, which I have said before, My grand mother came to see me, told me she wanted to see how I was doing. I knew she was passed away but worried about bringing that up. Finally I cleverly asked, "What's it like where you are?" She smiled a knowing smile and answered, "Just like you think it is."

Dang it! I was wanting details. So, I think it is beautiful beyond compare, happy and she came to see me without glasses and a limp that seemed to be worse after hip surgery. Anyway she took a look around my room and then said, "Clean your room up." and was disappeared. Where'd she go?
Sounds like you had a dream

I do not speak for scripture, scripture speaks to us all, and we take from it our own interpretations.
There are many sources of information and yes I hold scripture in high regard, but not as the sole and exclusive source of Spiritual information.

Well give me a scripture that speaks to us all and give me your "own" interpretation?

Jesus used scriptures. And he used parables to explain the scriptures. In fact, when in direct confrontation with Satan he used scriptures as his "sole" source of Spiritual information.

Matthew 4: 2-5, After fasting 40 days and 40 nights, he was hungry. the tempter (Satan) came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." Jesus answered, "It is written: Man does not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Matthew 4: 5-7, Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God, "he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It is also written: "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."

Matthew 4: 8-10, Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him. "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

How do you know Adam was suppose to live forever?

God created Adam sinless.

If there is a requirement in exchange for the gift it is not a gift.
When you work and is compensated for that work...it is not a gift
Chances are had you not done the work you, you would not receive that gift.
Transactions coming in many forms...Incentives, Raises, Promotions, Bonuses and Guarantees (promises) etc

No, there can be a requirement for a gift. If our children act good, we reward them with a gift. We reward good behavior. We don't need to make it an agreement as it a "transaction." It is just a requirement for receiving the gift.

John 3: 16, For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son (not a son like Adam who was created in the image and likeness of God, but a son who was exactly as God or was God himself in the flesh), that whoever "believes" in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Now isn't that simple. It doesn't cost us anything only that we believe, by faith, and act on that belief. And some do and some don't.

What you see in these verses, maybe different from what I see....it is against boasting about your deeds as a show of faith - as in philanthropy, or loudly praying and preaching so as to impress. It cannot be a condemnation of doing any good deed in any way.

Whose faith?.....having faith is the requirement
Faith is a form of Spiritual work not easily seen by others
Yet another scripture says
James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

It is against boasting about what you have done. And that is pride in yourself. And yes, it is not a condemnation of doing any good deed. However, your good deeds is not a result of what you have done on your own. It is the result of God or the Holy Spirit that is now in you because of your acceptance of Christ, that you are able to do good works and deeds, not by "just" following the written law but the written law now transformed into the spiritual law that is now in your heart. So if you boast, your boasting is not about what you have done but about what God has done. By doing that you are glorifying God and not yourself.

Jeremiah 9:23-24, This is what the Lord says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteous on earth, for these things I delight," declares the Lord.

1st. Corinthians 1: 31. Therefore it is written, "Let him who boasts, boasts in the Lord."

Yes faith is the requirement. We can't see God. We don't even know if God exist. We have to believe. We believe by hearing the Word. Our belief become our faith.

Hebrews 11: 1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

My definition of faith is simply, believing and but now seeing.

James 2:17 is saying that you must act on your faith. Faith in Christ enables you to do good deeds and works because it comes from the love of God (Holy Spirit) that is now in you. Without believing in Christ, the love of God, Holy Spirit, will not reside in you. You are doing things on your own, thus ,as I have already stated, you give credit to yourself and not God.

1st Corinthian 13:13, And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

"God created Satan a being (angel) whom he knew was going to be the opposite of Him spiritually"
It then appears God created Satan for this purpose hence it is not a act of disobedience or rebellion.

Yes, it is an act of disobedience and rebellion. God didn't force Satan to rebel against Him. Satan acted on his own. And God will put an end to Satan and all evil.

Revelation 20: 7-10, When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth; Gog and Magog to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sands on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Not according to your own statements

How?
We see the same scriptures differently....which sin is unforgivable?

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is turning away from God after you have experience Him in all his full righteousness and holiness through his Holy Spirit by believing in Christ as Lord and Savior. It is like a person who has been freed from slavery and then wanting to go back to being a slave again. It is like as the scriptures state:

2nd Peter 2: 21-22, It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit (Proverbs 26: 11), and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

Yes....Faith is not visible but the works that faith accomplish is often visible

OK, I agree.

For me its not just Justice....its Karma what goes around comes around.

OK, I agree.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back